twenty four

"stop looking at me and focus on the road." jungkook whined, playfully shoving taehyung in the driver's seat. he chuckled, stealing another glance, "alright alright."

-

"i'll buy the popcorn this time." jungkook chimed cutely, walking over to the line. taehyung smiled, remembering their last time at the movies where he ate the entire bag.

he gazed around him, admiring the brightly lit theater. his heart stopped when he spotted someone familiarㅡ a girl.

his heartbeat raced faster, seeing the sight of her with another man. they had their arms latched together as they sipped their soda together. they walked towards the fourth theater, which was the same theater that the two males were supposed to be in.

taehyung gulped, gripping onto the tickets in his hand. jungkook scurried along to his side with a large popcorn and soda, pushing taehyung's back slightly in order to walk faster to the theater.

"it's almost showtime!" jungkook exclaimed, almost running inside as taehyung struggled to keep up with his pace.

as they sat down, taehyung's eyes searched around the theater for her. when he spotted them together, he continued to keep his attention in that direction.

jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as he noticed the elder was looking elsewhere than the screen, causing him to question.

"hey hyung, what are you looking at?" jungkook asked, poking a startled taehyung.

"nothing. i just zoned out, sorry." taehyung smiled, taking some popcorn pieces into his mouth. jungkook pursed his lips, nodding.

the movie starts, and half the popcorn was gone because of jungkook. he lightly chuckled to himself, moving the popcorn away and to taehyung, but jungkook noticed he was looking at that direction again. jungkook followed his line of sight before realizing who he was looking at. jungkook was crestfallen as his heart dropped to his stomach.

his nose started to sting terribly, acknowledging that he was going to cry. he focused on the movie, sipping on the soda, trying to distract himself. he eventually became captivated by the movie for a while. after he realized it had been many minutes of watching, he shifted his gaze to the male next to him, who was still looking in her direction. jungkook balled his fists, his anger continually escalating.

"i'm leaving." jungkook announced, loud enough for only taehyung to hear. he smacked the popcorn into his stomach as taehyung snapped his attention to jungkook now. he became confused, "huh? why?" he whispered, looking at jungkook.

jungkook quickly glared at taehyung before storming out of the theater.

taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, slowly getting up from his seat, following jungkook. after he got out of the theater, he quickly looked around, seeing jungkook walk away quickly. taehyung quickly jogged to behind him, "hey wait yah- jungkook stop-"

jungkook stopped in his tracks, facing him.

"what's wrong? why are you leaving? i thought we were watching the movie together?" taehyung questioned, breathless.

jungkook's blood boiled at his words as a scoff escaped his lips, "are you kidding me, hyung? we were not watching the movie. i was watching it. you were watching your fuckin' ex girlfriend with her new man. i can't believe you. i thought you were over her, but i guess not. i thought you wanted to spend some time with me. isn't that what you told me? clearly tonight wasn't that." he said, causing taehyung to put his hand on jungkook's arm.

he lowered his arm, escaping from taehyung's touch, "leave me alone." jungkook said, turning his heel to walk away faster.

taehyung panicked, running after him. it was pouring outside, and neither one of the males had an umbrella.

jungkook cursed under his breath before putting his hood up and running out of the premises.

"jungkook!" taehyung yelled, trying to catch up to his pace. at this point, the rain was splashing on jungkook's face. he wasn't even sure if they were his own tears or the rain droplets, streaming down his cheeks.

taehyung got nearer to him, thanks to a red light. he abruptly turned jungkook's shoulder around, forcing him to face the elder. he noticed jungkook's red eyes under the dimmed streetlights, heart feeling heavy. panting breathlessly, they were both hurt.

taehyung closed his eyes, locking their lips together. his hands were placed on the younger's jaw, moving his lips lovingly against the latter's. jungkook felt a tear fall from his eye as his heart began to clench. he pressed his own pair of lips against the elder's as his hands roamed to taehyung's side.

the two pulled away, intently staring into each others' eager eyes.

the elder looked away, but perked back up when he heard jungkook's breath hitch.

"what's wrong?" taehyung softly asked, hand on his shoulder.

"you're so... confusing. do you even like me? are you still hung onto your ex? is she still the one who makes your heart race and roar? because... you are the person that makes my heart race and feel on fire, but if you don't feel the same towards me, then... don't lead me on." jungkook said, gulping afterwards. he tried to examine taehyung's unreadable expression, failing to do so.

taehyung tried to think of something to say, but couldn't find any words. after a few seconds of silence, jungkook sighed, finding his own answer, laughing bitterly, "okay." he piped, feeling his own heart shattering. he took a last glance at taehyung before walking the opposite direction.

and this time, taehyung didn't follow behind him.