twenty two

"your endurance is crazy! you have so much body strength, jungkook. wow." jimin complimented, after watching the younger dance.

he chuckled humbly, "i'm not that great. you're so flexible. i can't bend like you do. you're a great dancer, hyung."

"thanks." he smiled, before getting up and dancing again. jungkook was watching jimin dance so effortlessly, focusing on his moves.

taehyung decided to come down to the studio and peek inside. he saw jungkook looking at the new worker with anticipation and with a bright smile. taehyung sighed, turning his heel and walking away with a heavy mindset.

"he kissed me, and now he's with someone else? was the kiss nothing? did the kiss mean nothing to him?" taehyung thought, swallowing his tears.

-

"i'm going to go home now. let's continue the routine tomorrow." jimin said, looking at the clock that read 7pm.

"alright, i'll see you tomorrow, hyung." jungkook said, grabbing his towel to wipe his sweat. jimin nodded, heading out. he swung the towel around his neck. jungkook sighed, taking a look at his phone.

(2) missed calls from taehyung
5:27 pm
6:23 pm

jungkook's eyebrows furrowed, "taehyung called me?" he mumbled, pressing on the call button.

"hello?"

"hey hyung. why'd you call?"

"i was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me." taehyung asked, hopeful.

"today?"

"no, tomorrow."

"oh..." jungkook shut his eyes, "i'm dancing with jimin hyung again tomorrow." he said, peeking his eyes out.

"oh."

"sorry. i'll make it up somehow." jungkook said, getting up to gather his belongings.

jungkook heard taehyung sighing over the line, causing him to feel guilty, "i'm sorry, hyung." he repeated.

"it's fine, whatever. okay, see you tomorrow." he said, hanging up immediately afterwards.

"b-"

jungkook took his phone away from his ear, looking at his screen to see that he hung up. he furrowed his eyebrows, what was that all about?