twenty one

"jungkook-ah! listenㅡ i am so glad you came to work today. perfect timing. i have a new worker hired, and i wanted you to guide him today and show him around." the boss beamed, as soon as jungkook entered the building.

"okay, sir. where is he?"

"he's in your office, waiting. his work area isn't in your office, though. it's in the room across from yours." the boss explained, typing something on the computer.

jungkook nodded, bowing at his boss before leaving to enter his own office. he entered his office and saw the new worker. he had fluffy blonde hair, milky skin, and was shorter than jungkook. he shot the new worker a smile, dropping off his stuff. jungkook greeted taehyung quickly, then leading the new boy out.

taehyung quickly pouted, suddenly feeling sulky.

-

"i'm jungkook. i'm 21. i've worked here for years and let me tell you. you're gonna get a lot of headaches during the first week, but you'll get used to it."

"ah, okay. i see jungkook-ssi. i'm park jimin, and i'm 23. i used to be a dancer. i mean, i still am, but i don't prioritize it."

"oh! you like dance? me too! i dance too! let's dance together. there's a dance studio in this building." jungkook excitedly said, causing jimin's eyes to turn into crescents, "sure jungkook-ssi, let's do that."

"cut the honorifics. we are the same level." jungkook said, causing jimin to retort, "you're the one who should be using them, but i'm nice. i'm older. i've lived two more years than you, and i've eaten 2130 more grains of rice than you."

jungkook rolled his eyes playfully, "well, aren't you so quick to fire?"

the two continued bickering, til they finally came back to the office. they entered the room, laughing together contently, causing taehyung's heart to feel weird.

"let's meet at 4." jimin announced, patting jungkook's shoulders. he quickly nodded, acknowledging it. after jimin left, taehyung decided to ask, "where are you going?"

jungkook was so intently focused on finishing his files quickly that he didn't even hear taehyung.

"jungkook."

"..."

"jungkook!"

jungkook's head shot up, head snapping to taehyung's direction, "huh? yeah, what's up?" he asked, looking back down to his work.

"i asked where you were going later." taehyung repeated, monotonously.

"oh, jimin is a dancer, and i told him about the studio that's in the building so we're going to dance together today at 4. how exciting!" he exclaimed, writing quicker.

taehyung nodded, pursing his lips in a fine line.