Chapter 41

A Couple Weeks Later - Tatsuyu's POV

A though suddenly hits me. "Its Thanksgiving." I say and Sasuke raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah, and?" Sasuke asks me.

"You don't get it, I love thanksgiving, even if I didn't have anyone to celebrate with, Jiraiya was there and we'd spend the day watching the parade and eating store bought turkey dinners." I say with an amused smile.

"I just realized, you don't laugh." Sasuke says to me.

"Don't change the subject." I say to Sasuke and he sweat drops. "Hmm, I wonder if anyone will celebrate Thanksgiving this year after this last war." I say and Sasuke shrugs, just then, we get stopped by an old man.

"Hey, you youngsters want to watch the parade?" The old man asks and my eyes widen before I grin.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"You can just call me grandpa." He says to us.

"Jiji, do you have a kitchen?" I ask him.

"Yes, my wife will be cooking." Jiji says to us and I nod.

"I'm gonna help her." I say and Sasuke sighs.

"Am I gonna be able to talk you out of this?" Sasuke asks me.

"Nope." I say grinning happily and I follow Jiji with Sasuke back to his cottage and I walk to the kitchen.

"Oh dear, I didn't know we'd have company." She says to me and I smile.

"Is it ok if I help here in the kitchen? I can cook, I swear." I say to her and she smiles.

"Alright, just call me Grandma." She says to me.

I smile. "Alright Bachan." I say and I take my jacket off, leaving me in my short sleeve and I start helping her here while Sasuke and Jiji sit in the living room watching the parade.

"So, who are you two? A Couple maybe?" Bachan asks me.

I smile amused. "Ah, heck no, I'm just keeping an eye on him for Kakashi, the Sixth Hokage, my name is Tatsuyu Senju, he's Sasuke Uchiha. I used to babysit him when he was kid." I say and she nods.

"Senju and Uchiha huh?" Bachan asks me and I smile amused.

"Yeah." I say and Bachan smiles.

"Well, there is more to this story isn't there? We have time as we cook." Bachan says to me.

"His older brother used to be my boyfriend, his name was Itachi." I say and Bachan nods.

The two of us talk as we cook.

"Ok, pie." Bachan says to me and my eyes light up. "We'll make two pies each, two can go with you and that boy in there." Bachan says to me.

I grin. "Awesome." I say and I get what I need to make pumpkin pie and she gets what she needs for apple. I start making the dough for the crust and once I finish, I put the dough in the freezer and I start making the filling.

"You really must love to cook and bake." Bachan says to me and I smile.

"Yeah, I've celebrated Thanksgiving for years with my God-Father, I've been able to cook since I was little, I had to take care of myself most of the time, all of the time, and I love baking, Itachi loved sweets, so I often made something for him." I say and Bachan nods. "Actually, he was the whole reason I got into baking." I say and I make the filling and I get handed two pie pans and I get my dough out and roll it out and I put it in the pan, I cut the edges off the dough and I put the filling in. I then set mine aside as Bachan finishes hers and we put the pies in the oven.