the fair

Colby's POV

After me and Jake had lunch, we went to the fair at the pier. Once we got there, Jake immediately got cotton candy. He got blue while I got pink.

We went around the whole fair, playing mini games and joking around. We saved the best for last, the Farris wheel. Me and Jake got to the top of the Farris wheel and you could see everything.

we sat at the top for about a minute. i started to move closer when "BANG!" a gun went off. "Jake?" i started freaking out. the guy running the Farris wheel ran off and left me and Jake, and another couple, two seats down from us.

"Colby, its going to be okay, were okay." i calmed down a little, but was still breathing heavy. "Jake, do u think were safe?" "Honestly Colbs, I don't know. But what i do know is that I'll be right here the whole time."

i felt a little more safe that he said that. i scooted closer and layed my head on his shoulder. "BANG!" The gun kept going off. I started to shake with fear and Jake just pulled me closer.

"I'm sorry Colbs." "For what?" "That you have to go through this. That your involved in this situation."

"Jake, it's not your fault. I don't blame anything on you." Jake stared into my eyes. I could see the fear and hurt in his eyes. I saw him trying to hold back his tears. "Jake, you don't have to try to be strong for me. I can see that your holding back tears, don't." After that, he let a single tear fall down his cheek. I pulled him closer (if that was even possible) and we just held each other.

After about 5 minutes, I heard the people in the seats under us start to scream. Then suddenly they stopped. No gun shots, so I looked down to see the guy with a bloody knife.

I quickly popped my head up and told Jake to be quiet. I didn't hear anything else, so I looked down again and didn't see him. When I look back up, I see him holding on to Jake with the knife to his throat.

"JAKE!" "Its ok Colby, be calm!" "What do u want?" I asked the man, where I can now see that he's wearing a black ski mask. He just chuckled demonically. "You know what I want, Colby." What. "How do you know my name? Who are you?" He pulled off his mask, and I just stared. How could he?

CLIFFHANGER! ARE YOU ENJOYING THE STORY?