5

i realised i had stoped him. he was staring down at me now. waiting for my response. waiting for a better apology. yet i had none. i had no idea what to say. what to do. my eyes kept flickering to his lips and back to his gaze that looked cold. impatient.

"if you have nothing to say then get off" he said his voice monotone. he no longer seemed angry, it was like all the emotion, all the human in him disappeared. like a flick of a switch. he was back to this uncaring front. i was going to let get go, yet something inside me compelled me to do what i did next.

taking his arm i held between my palms i reached up still having the advantage of his body facing mine; so close.

wrapping my arms round his neck... i hugged him. i was hugging him. i didn't know why. i'm pretty sure he didn't either. he stood there shocked. his arms hanging by his sides still. neither one of us moving. it was starting to become weird. awkward. i could feel his warmth under me, hear his unsteady breathing. i still didn't understand why i hugged him. i just- i don't think anyone has in a long time. even if he was a monster i kept telling myself. at one point he wasn't. was i stupid for thinking this? did this make me clueless. he was a murderer, a cold blooded killer. yet i was holding him like he could do no wrong, holding him like he was fragile. when he was far from it.

we stayed like this for a moment and that's when he finally moved. to my shock he pushed me back. my arms untangling from his neck falling to my sides, my heart racing at the force he'd used to separate us.

"don't do that"

with that he left. his absence, leaving the room heavily silent, the atmosphere thick, tense. i felt my breaths stagger out. what was that about? all this cocky arrogance before this point, all the nice things he was doing for me. but hugging however? a no no? did i overstep a boundary? when were there fucking boundaries. what am i even thinking? why do i even care? this is stupid.

i cleaned up the rest of the blood that still remained on my skin and changed into the clothes that jimin originally picked out for me. i left the bathroom unsure where to go really.

jimins pov

what the fuck. i left y/n after practically chucking her off of me. i don't know what happened. one moment i wanted to hold her, and the next, the notion felt disgusting. unnatural.

rejoining the boys back in the living room, some of them were already tipsy. some of them looking up to me, smiles on their faces. "hi jiminie" jungkook greeted with the nickname y/n had given me this morning, the memory resurfacing. rolling my eyes not really wanting to talk about the girl i just left in the bathroom.

"so, you had sex yet?" tae asked wiggling his brows. throwing a cushion at him in response. "come on what else were you doing all that time you were gone?" all the guys now staring at me waiting for some juicy details. yet i had none and i was definitely not telling them about the recent events. they'd make a mockery of it. 'jimin has feelings' they'd taunt.

"was she good? i bet she was good with an ass like that-"

"nothing happened!" i shouted back all of their laughter dying down. i couldn't help the anger that surged out of me. why was i so bothered about their dick comments about her. it didn't bother me before. why now. what happened in a day that changed my mind.

"stop talking about her" i added as everyone remained silent.

"why... do you care about the slut?" yoongi spat out, the insult building a pit of anger in my stomach. "she's not a slut, i bet she hasn't even slept with anyone! unlike yourself, you'd get your dick wet with anybody that dared go near you"

yoongi rising to his feet quickly, i could tell the comment hit home. but i didn't care. coming over to me now, our eyes level, he stepped into my personal space trying to inflict some dominance but i couldn't care less about the respect. i didn't care at all.

"say that again" he threatened, his threat having no effect on me.

"you'd. get. your. dick. wet. for. anybody." with that his fists bunched up holding my shirt with one pulling me closer, the other ready to hit my unwavering face. before he could swing he noticed someone entering the room. her.

he turned his head his eyes focusing on y/n, all at once he let me go, or in better words tossed me to the side, taking all the necessary steps towards her.

he grabbed hold of her, his fingers wrapping around her throat, her eyes bulging out in fear. she was trying to fight his strength but she was small against him. the sight made my chest tense. yoongi was a prick but he wouldn't kill her. would he?

"she's so precious to you? already?" he chuckled, his fingers white to the knuckle. y/n's eyes boring into mine pained and afraid. he was right. she was. i didn't understand any of the feelings i felt towards her but all i knew is that i didn't want anyone to hurt her. touch her. claim her. in my eyes she was already mine. in that case yoongi was crossing a big line. he knew how i felt, that's why he was threatening her, and not me. he knew it would hurt me more.

"let her go or i swear to god" i spat out, some of the guys now standing up gathering behind me. even they were a little shocked at yoongi's actions. yoongi smiled knowing he was getting the reaction he wanted. he fisted his hand in her hair pulling her head back, a short yelp escaping y/n's throat. tears rolling down her cheeks.

"THATS ENOUGH!" we all turned to look behind us, namjoon was walking past, straight for yoongi and y/n. yoongi released his hands from her neck and hair stepping back as namjoon took her away walking her over to me. "go handle her" he said quietly, she was shaking, tears still falling. i walked her out the room, letting her lean on my side for support and this time i held her too.

namjoons pov

as soon as jimin and y/n left the room my attention fell back to yoongi still stood in his place.

"what the hell were you thinking?" i spat, pissed off that he was already trying to kill the girl. already starting fights with jimin who i could tell from the start would grow an attachment.

"she's dead meat anyway, why do you care!" yoongi reminded me of the point in her recruitment. that didn't matter though. we needed her. he needed to get used to that fact. for however long she was going to stay he had to deal with this shit until then.

"get your head out your ass and focus on the task, don't go against my words again. i told you she was off limits. no one is to harm her." i was now saying to the entire room. looking down at yoongi, his lips pursing into a straight line.

"do you understand?" yoongi nodded his head after a few seconds. sighing i left the morons, seriously not wanting to deal with this crap so early on.

i understood why yoongi hated her so much, i couldn't forget his past. but we needed y/n. we couldn't lose her. not yet at least.