18

it had been a few days since I'd been kept in this makeshift hospital bed. The boys, mainly jimin and hoseok had been frequently coming in and out with food, snacks, things to do. I was appreciative of them both. I missed the others, one member in particularly, he hadn't come by since.

I tried not to think about him, I knew that it was for the best, or so I thought I did. well, he said it himself, "its not good for me and its certainly not good for you. you can't like me..." stupid boy, how can you tell me not to like you? why do you get to make that decision?

the thought surpassed when the familiar smile that I've grown an attachment to entered the room. jimin walked in with jungkook and yoongi following shortly behind him. "whats all this about?" I asked, my attention falling to the two crutches in jimin's arms.

"what do you think dumbass?"

while me and yoongi have gotten past the 'I want to kill you' phase it still hasn't stopped us from the, 'you annoy me still' phase. yet, it works for us.

"its time to try walking and getting you off your ass" jungkook added before I could throw a fork at yoongi that was on my bedside table. my mind ran back to the idea of getting up from this bed, the only times that I have been able to is to occasionally pee, sadly with the help of others to get to the toilet, and washing, which funnily enough becomes more difficult when you have a bullet wound in your abdomen. I nodded a little excited but nervous to try this out. the last time I was on crutches was when I was nine and I had twisted my ankle in P.E.

slowly lowering my feet to the ground jimin held the crutches in front of me, slipping my arms through the supports, jungkook and yoongi at my sides, just incase I fell, please god don't fall. I felt their hands resting on my upper arms as I was finally upright. my hands relying on the crutches to hold me steady. the three of them all looking at me worryingly. Jesus guys its a bullet wound not a broken spine.

I took a couple steps forward, and smiled, it wasn't as bad as I thought, I was stronger than I thought I'd be this early on. jungkook and yoongi clapping patronisingly, dude I was about to hit them with my new crutches. jimin stood in front of me holding his arms out like I was a child taking my first steps. I felt like an infant around these idiots, babying me 24/7. however, they cared, and thats what meant the most.

"okay, she's all yours jimin" the guys said as they left the room.

he looked at me smiling, turning and walking to the other side of the room. I was confused, until he held his hand out. "come over here" um, you're the one with balance here, you come over here. "come on, you have to get used to having your stability back" ugh, he was right. I started to get closer, closing the distance between me and him, each step getting easier than the last, I knew it wouldn't be long until I didn't need these sticks anymore.

"you're doing great" his commentary made me laugh slightly, "whats funny?" he asked with a confused stare, "you, babying me" he smirked slightly, and by then I was a body width apart from him. he closed the final gap between us, stepping forward with ease. show off.

"well you are my baby"

the comment made me melt, which didn't sound so good right now. he noticed the effect of his words and held my sides, letting me lean on his chest for support. "thank you" I said in a small-almost whisper. I was trying not to look up into his eyes; that I could tell bore into me. yet I couldn't resist, his eyes held comfort, they made me feel things inside that I couldn't control. our eyes in connection with each others, i listened to his steady breaths as I tired to maintain my own.