17

i felt the sadness well up in the corners of my eyes. staring at yoongi who had also started to tear up. brushing any falling strays away. just as he brushed the impending pain that this memory brought him. my heart ached. i couldn't believe he'd been through all that, still kept himself going after such a loss.

"it's a depressing story, i don't like to talk about it" i nodded understandingly. he smiled slightly, the weird feeling of a bond that was hanging in the air felt strange, especially for the two of us.

"thank you for telling me" he smiled again, chuckling a little.

"look i know i've tried to kill you once,"

"once?" my voice raised in a question, knowing it's been multiple occasions, he laughed, "okay more than once, but hey you deserved it" i kept the growing frown and he sighed, "look shut up. i hate you a little less now and i'm not saying we're best mates now, but you're alright"

seeing this was the best i was going to get i took it.

"i'll take that apology" i smiled as i saw his smile turn into a frown quickly, "bitch it wasn't a-"

"nope i accept it, but i also hate u a little less too"

he gave up, we were both now awkwardly smiling. this was gross. "well this is weird." we both laughed again, but luckily some distant murmurs caught his attention, he held aloud hand up, walking round the corner of the room. out of sight.

"did you get the files?!" i knew that voice, even laced with the ice deep tone, i could tell it was him, the voice of the stranger who i hadn't spoken to yet. however i was unconscious when he spoke to me. it was him.

namjoon.

his voice was strained with this bitter anger, i hadn't heard him so tense before. he'd been angry before, but this was another level. an added voice came into the picture, also knowing exactly who it belonged to. i knew him, could guess his voice anywhere.

jimin.

"no we didn't, if you didn't notice y/n's proof of that" he spat back, i could tell things were off between the two of them. even without view, i could tell the picture wasn't pretty. what now?

a loud slam, the contact of someone's palm and a hard surface broke the cold silence. shocking me.

"so you're telling me, you put her in danger, for nothing?"

you heard some more inaudible bickers, mainly from jimin.

"look you think i wanted her to jump infront of the gun for me!" there was an everlasting silence, the air feeling thicker than it already was.

"she did what?" namjoon sounded wounded, the question a fragile stitch holding the surface of a cut about to tear open.

"she was protecting me" jimins soft voice returned, everything started to die down, no more bitter remarks. after that there was nothing. just footsteps quickly exiting the room, the thick atmosphere leaving with it.

damn that was tense. why was namjoon hurt that i'd protected one of the members. one of his friends. or was it because of the member i had saved.

i started to push the quilt that was hugging my body to the side, wanting to get up and chase after the boys that had left, feeling like i needed to comfort them in some way.

my head did fall to a question.

comfort which one?

before i could even sit up, i felt a soft hand hold my shoulder, delicately pushing me back down, laying there looking surprisingly up at jungkook. odd that he was smiling at me. still confused at mine and jungkooks friendship, sort of love and hate situation. moreover what was he doing here, and why was he stopping me.

"don't try to get up yet, you aren't ready"

i cocked my head to the side, "you care about me now?" instantly he scoffed shaking his head, "are you dumb"

"oh yeah, you're right, the infamous jungkook, no feelings, just his own" his eyes didn't hold the humour they had before, he stared down at me taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"do you really believe that?" i questioned myself internally, did i hurt his feelings? i was only partially joking. well was i?

"i don't know. maybe" sighing brushing a hand through his taught dark hair.

"i do care. i consider you a friend. sort of, i dont know" i sniggered, "yeah, i think of you as a sort of friend too" i bumped his shoulder with my fist and his innocent smile returned.

okay what's going on. all of a sudden the two that hated me the most were now my "sort of" friends. did i wake up a different person? am i in an alternate universe. what the fuck is this. i'm not complaining, it's just weird.

"i over heard some bickering? what was that about" i shrugged slightly, still being careful of the bullet wound in my upper body. "something about some files? namjoon was pretty heated that we didn't get them"

jungkooks pov

files? i knew nothing about some files. as far as i knew we didn't have any tasks left to complete. what could be this important to joon that we don't know about. he shared everything.

i need to find out more.

"well um, get better whore" she smiled at my friendly insult, throwing one back as i left the room. i had warmer feelings towards her, now that she'd protected one of us. i'm greatful that she saved my family. she was one of us now.

even if she didn't want to be.

[later that night]

i couldn't get the files out of my head, y/n didn't seem to know anything about them either. i would have asked jimin but he was still pretty heated over whatever him and joon had bickered about.

i needed to find out. thinking this, i slightly edged myself off of the bed that i had company in. i didn't want to risk waking taehyung, didn't need him questioning what i was doing, plus he'd probably want to come, his clumsy ass would probably blab.

successfully i pushed myself up, sneaking out the room, leaving sleeping beauty alone. i knew that if there was any information it would be in the team room, we keep any tasks any information of targets in there. gathering that only namjoon knew about this, i had thought maybe there wouldn't be anything. it was worth the look.

the room was hung in darkness, i didn't risk turning any lights on, needing to be careful not to attract the attention of the guys. some of them probably asleep.

the desk was messily covered in various papers. scattering through them, have we really not learnt to organise this shit?

my eyes landed on a name. y/n's name. i picked up the slip of paper. under her name was another name, the same last name.

"y/n's relative?" i whispered to myself. before i could look further i heard faint footsteps heading this way. instinctively i hid round the corner, a wall blocking me from whoever had just entered.

"those files need to be destroyed," namjoon... edging round the corner slightly, i saw his phone pressed to his ear, his face draped in sweat. who was he on the phone to?

"if they get sent. if anyone sees them. anyone. you're dead"

what was so important about these files. what was on them. sent where? what was he hiding?

the mystery of these "files" continued, the intrigue growing. i had no idea, but i'd find out, one way or another.

++ a/n ; hi guys, she's back, sorry to keep you waiting, shits about to get real. sorry for this dead chapter, better things to come ;) get ready.

~ if u don't follow me on @/lustokyo on instagram i have notified people that there will now be an uploading schedule for AIM, every wednesday/sunday and a possible random day.

till then ;)