12

as much as i pried and pried, it was no use. namjoon didn't reveal anything else after those daunting words. girls. i knew in myself that i wasn't the only one, but why do i feel a haunting presence thinking about them. where are they now? he said "girls" meaning plural. also, why wouldn't he tell me more? what was so secretive about them? i wouldn't give up till i knew.

as the days went past i was still staying in the comfort of namjoons room, starting to feel much more relaxed being around him so often. we didn't speak as much as we had the first night, but he sometimes tells me about cases that they've done in the past, or stories, some making me laugh, others making my skin crawl.

sadly, i still hadn't said much to jimin, it's in that stage where we both just stare at eachother whenever we're in the same room, always catching a glance only to look away immediately. it felt so high school. i hated it.

i felt the guys were trusting me more, when i say guys i'm of course excluding yoongi and taehyung. i'm still not sure where i stand with jungkook, jimin is well.... jimin. the rest meaning three of the remaining guys i'm chill with. i felt the guys no longer needed to watch if i would try to break free. even i knew in myself now, i wasn't trying anymore. i'd happily given up, i'd made friends in some of the guys here, and an even stronger connection also binding me to this place now.

the binding of a boy.

today was oddly nerving and somehow exciting. i hadn't left the warehouse since case seven, the chaotic day a small memory in the back of my mind that i'd pushed to the side, not really wanting to remember all the blood, the blood i still sometimes feel on my skin.

i overheard namjoon talking to jin one night, how there was a new case, a case that was somehow so important, it needed all their strength. i was actually worried for the first time... and not about myself. i was starting to actually worry for these boys. i don't know if i liked that or not.

a nervousness seeped into my skin when i overheard the final detail of the plan.

and that detail included me.

...

[the day of the case]

"wait why do i have to go?"

most of the boys ignored me, fixing multiple weapons, hand knifes, guns, strapping them all to various parts of their bodies. their bodies that were dressed in sleek black suits, just like the day i first met them. it was funny how they chose style over practicality. i would have thought men like them would wear "proper gear", clothes fit for fighting and all that dribble. apparently not.

"well since we're all going, we can't leave you here alone... and before you say it, we trust you, but we need you too"

need me for what though? i internally whined like a child.

suddenly i felt cold fingertips at the exposed skin of my forearm, now travelling to rest just below my elbow. turning to see the soft gaze of namjoon. he was looking down at me with a concerned glint in his eye, the eye contact nerving.

he handed me a blade and while i held the small blade in my fingertips, looking over the sharp edges the reflected the light around me. i felt namjoons hands on my upper thigh, at first i was about to drop kick the perv until i realised he was just strapping a sheath around the black jeans i wore.

examining the black leather that now tightly clung to my thigh, i slotted the blade to perfectly fit into the sheath.

looking around me, surrounded by thier fierce gazes, the seriousness a heavy weight in the air, i could feel it in my lungs. i was really going...