16

yoongi's pov

[two years ago]

"baby?" she looked away from the gun she was loading, it still amazed me how someone so innocent looking could be so deadly, so completely different on the inside. yet i still felt protective of her.

she hummed in response, "what's the rule?" i questioned as she sighed, laughing a little as she came over to me, snaking her hands around my waist, while i held hers too.

"to be safe, to stay by you, watch my back before yours" i smiled down at her, her eyes melting me right on the spot. "good" i breathed out before leaning down to place a small kiss to her lips.

it always worried me when she came with us on cases. i've told her many times to just stay home, but she always refuses, i know she can take care of herself but it's such a risk. i cant lose her.

...

"position, now" i whispered as me, jimin and maya crouched down out of the eyes of the target. the other guys spread out in different direction. this was meant to be an easy case, go in, destroy evidence (evidence being people) and get out before we got caught.

everyone had their roles, if we all stuck to them, nothing could go wrong.

"jimin now" we heard hoseok say through the radio strapped into jimins suit, then moments later jimin shot at the door where all the evidence would come flooding out.

just as planned, a full force of men piled out of the back door, they'd come prepared, some of them roled out, shooting as they did. one of them clocking our position taking a shot, missing of course. amateurs.

as we were all taking them out one by one, they kept coming, i could tell from across namjoon that he was unaware there were this many men held up inside. at this rate, we'd run out of amo before they did.

"we need to retreat" i hissed under my breath as jimin and maya took a few more shots. they both turned to me, "if we move now we could get shot"  she noted, she was right but if we stayed here things could get worse. we could become surrounded.

signalling namjoon he nodded, we were retreating. there were a few places where we could quickly get cover and make the escape but we'd have to be quick. careful.

before we could make the turn and run back, a few men came from the rear, firing for us, firing at our unprotected backs.

immediately i pushed maya behind me, getting a shot in before one guy took his aim at us. falling to the ground after i hit him.

"yoongi over here" jimin yelled, as i looked back maya and jimin had started to move towards a barricade, i started moving knowing at any moment a shot could be taken at my back.

"yoongi!" maya screamed shooting at someone behind me, successfully taking him out, saving my ass. that's my girl.

i joined them behind the barricade. i could tell we were screwed by the look on jimins face. he's normally the calm one and yet he had panic written all over his expression.

i stared at maya, she looked worried, her eyes darting up every time she heard a shot.

cupping her cheeks she looked at me, i placed a kiss to her forehead, hoping that she'd take that as a sign that i wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

every man would die before i let anything happen to her.

"yoongi what are we going to do" for the first time in a while i didn't know the answer, i'd lost sight of the others, i couldn't even see where namjoon was. if they were still there. it started to worry me.