Chapter Four: Cherries & Vanilla

Thaddeus' Point Of View:

"I swear to god, I do not want to go to that diner again. I need a salad or something, I'm too bloated to eat fries and a hamburger! Look, Thad, haven't I gained weight?" My sister Mila pointed to her belly. "Hm?" I answered, keeping my eyes on the road. She sighed rolling her eyes as she looked at the window. "Stupid men, never paying attention to what I say." I chuckled lightly, steering with one hand while I leaned back.

"Mother of God, Mila. No one wants to go to to a juice bar. Also, if you think you're gaining weight, shouldn't you just get your lazy ass out of bed and actually train with us every morning? I mean, being strong and in shape is kinda important when you're a were-" Elijah taunted her before she clamped a hand over his mouth. "I'm not in the mood to hear it, Eli." She seethed through her teeth playfully before messing up his gelled hair.

My stomach grumbled as I pulled into the diner of my hometown, where all the wolves went. Hell, the town was practically only werewolves with an occasional human. As me, Elijah and Mila walked through the doors, the most intoxicating scent hit my nose. My wolf howled and yipped in happiness, and I felt my senses heighten. Was she here, my mate? My wolf was going absolutely insane and just the smell of her aroused me to a level that was unbearable. I clenched my jaw, trying to calm down as I looked down uncomfortably. I was wearing a plain black t-shirt and jeans, and about to meet my mate? God help me.

Then, it was like the world stopped. The most beautiful, magnificent woman walked before me. Her long hair in a pony tail, cascading down her back. She wore high waisted skinny jeans, gripping her thick thighs nicely, and showed off her petite waist. Her face, oh my God, her face... was a work of art. She had freckles, many of them, and eyes that were unlike anything I had ever seen in my life. They were bright, and unique. She was extremely small, I knew instantly I was over a foot taller than her. Her lips were pouty and a shade of pink that reminded me of flowers in the spring. Her skin, which naturally blushed at her cheeks, was beautiful. My wolf was howling in pain, wanting to touch her, needing to touch her — but I held him back. There was no way I would allow him to do anything to mess this up.

"Do you guys need men-" she stopped as she looked up at me, her face flushing even more scarlet. Her mouth was slightly agape as she tried to speak, making me wolf swoon. She was so fucking stunning, I knew she would be a weakness to me, for the urge to fall at her knees and beg her to be mine was strong. I had to be dignified, I had a reputation to keep. "Menus, right..." She giggled, something that made the quietest purr erupt from my chest.

"Who the fuck is that? Please tell me that's your mate. She's so hot. My lesbian-ness has to be showing right now because holy shit. Thad, is she yours?" Mila grabbed my arm excitedly. I growled instantly when she called what's Mine hot, my wolf coming out. Mila put her arms up in defense, winking at me. My heart sank as a different waitress came to take our order. Where was she, why would she not want to take my order and know who I am? Doesn't she feel the pull?

"And what can I get for you, sir?" The redhead waitress who wasn't my mate asked me, chewing her gum and blowing large bubbles. I was getting agitated so easily, I could feel my pupils dilating. I needed to see her.

"What was the other girls name, the one who gave us the menus?" Our waitress smiled, but soon it turned into a smirk. "Her names Indie. She's new here, so she's pretty nervous." She answered, chewing her gum now more loudly than ever. I clenched my jaw even harder, replaying the sound of her name in my head.

Indie.

My wolf purred in agreement.

I ate the rest of my food in silence as Elijah and Mila chatted absentmindedly as I kept thinking about her. In my head, my wolf would not stop talking and purring about her. Her hips, oh my God... I scowled at my wolf, pushing the arousal thoughts away. We would not dare disrespect her or be invasive in any way, I refuse to let my wolf do that; as tempting as she may be.

"Thad, you ready?" Mila asked, boxing up her food before leaving 2 twenty dollars bills on the table to pay as tip. I kept getting distracted thinking about what is mine, Indie.

"Thad?" Elijah said in a singsongy voice.

"I think tonight I'm going to run home, and stay in that cabin I own a few miles a way. Need some peace and quiet for work. I want to stay here for a bit longer." I replied.

"Thad, I don't think it's the best idea if you try to-"  Elijah started, soon to be cut off by a snarl.

"You never question me, Beta. Now, or ever." I felt my pupils blackening as I clenched my fist, my knuckles turning white.

I heard a small whimper in submission from him, as him and Mila left the diner. I twiddled with the straw in my cup, staring ahead back into the kitchen, waiting for her to come out again. I've never craved anything more than seeing her. It was euphoric watching her smile shyly, twirl her hair around her fingers, and bite the end of her pen. I didn't think just looking at someone could be so pleasurable.

Holy fuck, what am I turning into?

"Sir, we're closing up in just a few minutes." My waitress said. I nodded briskly. I would wait until the very last minute to see her. Then, her scent hit me like a wave. She walked out of the kitchen, pulling a hoodie over her head before stopping in her tracks to look at me. She froze, her eyes staring deep into mine. I felt vulnerable. She started walking a bit quicker until she reached the door, but I was right behind her. "Wait, Miss, please" I pleaded softly, causing her to turn around. We were only a foot apart, and I could hear the thumping of her heart as I stared at her astonishingly beautiful face. It looked as if she was analyzing me, almost trying to figure me out.

"I am Thaddeus." I said awkwardly, my wolf groaning in with the lack of dominance in my voice. I stuck my hand out, wanted so badly for her to shake it so that I could feel the sparks, and the mate pull. She raised her eyebrows slightly, before she cautiously put her very small hand in mine, as I shook it. "And you're... Indie." I breathed out, feeling tingles rush up through my arm and a warm sensation in the hand she was holding. She quickly jolted back, surprised by the electricity that ran between us.

She cleared her throat. "You-you know my name?"

"Mhm. It's a beautiful one, by the way."

Every little thump of her heart I could hear, heightening my senses even further. Her chest rose and fell quickly as I stared into her two colored eyes. There was no way she was human... what was she?

"Well, erm, it was good meeting you, Thaddeus. I guess I'll see you around and whatnot." She awkwardly chucked, her face and ears as red as a flame. "How are you getting home?" I blurted. She stopped walking, and turned around to look at me.

"Well, my house isn't far from here, so I plan on just walking." She said shyly.

"Well can I at least walk you home? So I know you're safe?" She stared at me in confusion, lifting an eyebrow. "I think I'm okay, I should just get going. I'll see you around."

Oh fan-fucking-tastic, now she thinks I'm a creep.

I started to walk in the opposite direction before I heard an ear-piercing scream, one so blood curdling it sent shivers down my spine. My heart sank, as my wolf cursed as me for not making sure she hadn't gotten home safe. Before I knew it, I had shifted into my wolf form, and the gravel was hitting against my paws. I smelled the air vigorously, before finding Indie surrounded by two rouges.