Chapter Forty: Down, Boy

Indie's Point of View:

      I lay soaking in the tub, scrubbing my hair as I felt the warm water around me. The lavender epsom salt soothed my muscles, as I quietly hummed to 90s r&b. Despite a few hours passing, I couldn't stop thinking about Thaddeus and our... sexual situation. I felt like a hormonal teenage boy, to be completely honest — but it was just too erotic to try and not think about constantly. I never thought in a million years that I would be comfortable with someone doing that, because it was so intimate. But, around him, I didn't care. He had seen all of me, and although I felt partially embarrassed, I still felt beautiful; and adored. I dunked my head under the water, the only sound I could hear were the bubbles from my breath reaching the surface and the quiet white-noise of my house. I got out of the tub, pulling on my undergarments before forcefully running a brush through my long hair.

Slight panic set in as I realized I had nothing to wear. I silently prayed that he wasn't taking me out to some expensive dinner — considering the fact that I had no 'fancy' clothes, and the thoughts of others would distract me from my time with him. I pulled on a long-sleeve wrap dress which emphasized my waist, and went down to mid-thigh, as well as some thick tights. I let my hair air dry as I applied some mascara and iridescent lipgloss. I slipped on an oversized jean jacket as well as my red high-top converse, checking my phone. Before I was going to text Thaddeus, I heard a knock at my door.

My mouth embarrassingly fell open when I looked up at Thaddeus, who was standing at my door. He was in a black button-up shirt, and fitted jeans. His hair was done nicely and he was clean shaven, his jawline prominent. A few of the top buttons of his shirt were undone, revealing a small bit of his tanned, olive-toned chest. My heart race sped up rapidly as I took him in with all of his beauty. "God help me..." I thought aloud. I mean, I could jump his bones right here, right now. He chuckled, showing his perfect teeth and dimples.

"You look stunning, Indie. Truly magnificent." My face blushed instantly; making my neck, ears and cheeks feel hot to the touch. He pulled a small vase from behind his back — it was an orchid. The same flower he gave me when I first truly interacted with him. Flashbacks of when we had first met clouded my thoughts, making me smile. The vase was absolutely beautiful, too — it was a violet colored glass, with intricate carvings. I accepted it, thanking him quietly before putting the vase on my desk. He had remembered how much I loved orchids. I gave him a kiss on the check, before wrapping my arms around his strong shoulders.

"I love when you do that." He breathed out, burying his face in my neck. I would never get used to the constant sparks that occurred when we touched — every time was like the first. He hesitantly pulled back, reaching for a red bandana that he pulled from his jean pocket. I raised a brow at him curiously, making him chuckle. He moved my hair to the side, carefully tying it around my eyes.

"I'm going to run into something, Thaddeus." I whined playfully. He laughed again, before suddenly lifting me bridal style into his arms.

"Now what makes you think I would let that happen?" My legs dangled over his huge biceps, as I smiled giddily. I truly felt like a princess. I felt myself being placed in his car, before feeling the vibration of the engine rev underneath me. We drove  in pleasant silence for about twenty minutes, listening to the random alternative station that was playing — until he began to slow down. The car came to a full stop, so I began to lift my hands to take the blindfold off.

"Not yet, little one." He said deeply. I sighed, the anticipation was killing me. I heard him open the door on the driver side, before opening the door next to me. I was soon in his arms again, feeling the rhythmic pattern of his heart thumping against his chest. He placed me gently on a cushioned ground, as I felt the cool, condensation covered grass beneath my fingertips. I shivered as the evening wind hit my skin, before feeling Thaddeus sit behind me and wrap his arms around me. I instantly felt warm by his embrace.