Chapter Sixty-Seven: Bliss

Indie's Point of View:

"That periwinkle bikini is absolutely perfect. I'm kind of obsessed." Mila said, sitting down with me on the couch. It was currently 7:00 pm, my favorite time of the day. The sun was golden, the yellow and orange rays of light beaming and touching the mountains. The fireplace in front of us was crackling, and women and men in the pack were quietly talking and laughing in the kitchen. It was blissful being in such a tight-knit community. I nodded excitedly, adding it to my cart. Although Thaddeus had given me his credit card, I still felt somewhat guilty spending his money — but I knew if I didn't buy anything, he would scold me.

I had already bought some denim shorts, some crop tops, and sundresses. Now, I was just looking for bathing suits. Thaddeus had been gone for hours at some meeting discussing territory and new rising alphas. It was good to get some girl time.

"Luna Indie, will you braid my hair?" One of the younger pack members, Nour, asked me. I nodded happily, patting the couch for her to sit in front of me. "What would you like, babe?" I asked, running a comb her mother gave me through her thick black hair. "Hm... french braids?" She suggested. I nodded, beginning to braid her hair.

"You have beautiful hair, I love it." I said.

"Thank you, I got my mommy's Native American hair." She replied giddily. I smiled, seeing as it was long and dark with a hint of raven to it. I finished braiding, pulling out some pieces to loosen it up a bit. Everyone in the family room and kitchen turned to look, hearing the door open. Everyone bowed their heads in respect as Thaddeus walked past them, a stone cold look on his face. Nour slid into my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck for a hug. "Thank you for braiding my hair, Luna."

"Call me Indie, my love." I murmured, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear. Thaddeus walked over to me, smiling softly at Nour as she hid her face in my neck. She was shy, and it was adorable.

"Hello, Miss Nour." Thaddeus said, crouching down to greet us on the couch. She waved slightly, but still covered her face with her hair. He chuckled and moved to give me a kiss on the forehead. "Come on, I have something to show you." He said. I gave Nour one last kiss on the cheek before giving her to her mother, before Thaddeus grabbed my hand and we walked up the stairs into his room. I still wasn't used to all of the people bowing their heads, it made me feel awkward. I was just like them, expect less powerful and, well, amazing. For God's sake, they could shift their bodies into another life form within seconds.

As we entered his room, Thaddeus wrapped his arms tightly around me. Thankfully, all of my wounds had healed nicely because of his help with the healing process, so I wasn't in pain anymore. I giggled as he spun me around, lifting me by my waist and hoisting me in the air.

"Woah, is this what it's like to be tall?" I joked as my legs dangled.

"We are leaving next week, my love." He kissed my temple, making me smile. "The place we're staying at has a private area with the beach, just for us. It's right on the water." I wanted to squeal in excitement.

~

       For the next week, Thaddeus worked hours upon hours on work so that he would be able to fully relax on our vacation. In the meantime, I was getting caught up on my organic chemistry and lab coding classes. As much as I missed spending hours a day with him, getting time by myself was pleasant. I felt relaxed and at peace. Often I would sit out on our deck with an oversized hoodie and some of Thaddeus' sweats, listening to the sound of the wind gusting and taking in the comforting scent of the Colorado pines. It was currently three in the morning, 30 minutes before we had to leave for our trip. Thankfully, we were fully packed and ready to go. I knew that I needed to wake Thaddeus up, but seeing him so at peace while sleeping made me so happy. After a few more minutes, I gently tapped his shoulder. He groaned, shifting towards me and opening his golden eyes in the dark room. I turned on the lamp, gently rubbing his bare back as he looked at me lovingly.

"God, you're so beautiful." He murmured, his voice still groggy from sleep. I blushed slightly, running my fingers down his back.

"It's time to get up, Alpha." I said, jokingly calling him by his formal address. He chuckled before sitting up and stretching, leaving me to drool at his braid chest and carved abdomen. He was absolutely huge compared to me, even sitting up. I squealed as he lifted me into his lap, burying his face into my neck and squeezing me tightly. "Thaddeus... cannot... breathe." I said, my face turning red. He quickly pulled back, concern written across his face as he checked to make sure I was okay. "I'm okay, T. You're just very... powerful."

"I'm sorry for hurting you, sweetness. I forget you're so small." He mouth turned up at the edges. He quickly pecked my mouth before lifting me out of bed with him. "We have to get ready, little one. The flight leaves in just an hour, so throw on some clothes and we'll go." I nodded, smiling giddily.

This ought to be an adventure.