Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Counsel

Indie's Point of View:

       I lay there on my bed, my body still completely bare and exposed to him. He stood up, his eyes still glued to my figure — black with lust and need. His shoulders trembled slightly while looking at me, and momentarily I wanted to cover up. But, I couldn't bring myself to wrap the blanket around me. The way he looked at my naked body, as well as my face while I released myself into him was something I had never experienced before. I had never felt so comfortable around anyone, and he looked at me with such intense adoration. He growled again, something he did quite often when he felt lust — making me blush. He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to detach his twinkling eyes from me. I didn't know I could ever feel this beautiful.

"Your body, your curves... I cannot resist, little one." He turned away, making my heart race. He ran a hand through his hair, while I stared at his scar-tainted back. I pulled the sheet up to my chest, before he abruptly turned around, handing me his shirt. I smiled giddily, pulling it over my head as he turned around again, trying to calm himself down. Shit, my panties were ripped and I needed to go to the drawer to get new ones.

"Thaddeus?"

"Hm?" He said with a strained voice.

"I, uh, have to get undies." He nodded curtly before exiting the room temporarily. I smiled at how polite and respecting he was. I rummaged through my drawers, pulling out new underwear as well as new pajama shorts. I slide them over my legs, holding onto the bedside table as my legs wobbled from my previous euphoric experience. I cleared my throat, opening the door slightly. I saw Thaddeus standing just a few yards away, his chest heaving and growls coming from his slightly parted lips. I could hear his heart racing, despite us not being in exactly close proximity.

"Fuck, the things you do to me." In lightning speed motions, I was pinned to my wall. He was breathing against my neck, sending chills down my entire body. "You tasted so fucking good, Indie. Like candy. I want to eat you every day. Feeling your body squirm against my face, pushing me deeper into your sex. The way you pulled my hair, how your face is so flushed right now. How you were practically dripping down my chin." My eyes widened at his extremely sexually graphic words, making me gulp nervously.

"It was so hard to hold back, and not sink my teeth into your neck, claiming you as mine forever." He trailed the dip of my collarbone, making me feel all sorts of ways. But, my heart dropped. Sink his teeth into me? To claim me? I lifted my face, putting my hands on his chest gently — ushering him to put me down. He never said anything about this. He gently released me, placing me on the floor. I looked up at him, my eyes colored with bewilderment.

"What do you mean?" I asked weakly, his eyes on my neck now.

"To complete the mating process, I bite you right here, Indie," He said, tracing the crook of my neck. "When I mark you, you're mine eternally. I can already sense many of your emotions, but this is much more... intense, for lack of better words. I can sense everything, all of your pain. Everything you feel, I feel as well. You will always have my protection, even more so than now." What he had just said was a lot to try and take in. I nodded, by my knees suddenly felt weak. This whole 'mate' idea was very intense. "Will I feel your pain as well?" I curiously asked.

"I'm not sure what will happen. You're not necessarily human, you're not werewolf. I will have to ask the Counsel about you, about your history." About my history? I wanted to know more about what I truly was, but it had always been a burden locked away in my chest. I never had anyone to talk about, not even my birth parents. My birth mother never reached out to me, same with my birth father. In fact, I'm fairly certain that my birth father had no concept of my existence. He left my mother to fend for herself, which she understandably couldn't handle — she was just a teenage girl; younger than me when she got pregnant. On top of that, she dealt with intense drug use. For a long while, I felt resentment towards her — thinking that maybe she just didn't want me. Although I have still some sort of bitterness for her, maybe she was missing piece to discover who I truly am; and why I'm telepathic.

"What is 'The Counsel', exactly?" My mind kept wandering from one question to another. Our previous sexual encounter had taken an abrupt turn as my brain filled with curiosity.

"They're some of the first werewolves and supernatural beings to ever exist. Most of them are children of Imogen; as I mentioned her previously whilst explaining why werewolves exist. Because their blood is so pure, they have lived for centuries — protecting supernatural community. They age slowly, not dying unless they order a witch to wish it upon them. Even when their soulmates die, they live on. It's their duty to protect us from society, so that we continue in peace."

"What would happen if society did find out about us?" I asked, my heart wrenching at the thought. I had kept my secret hidden all of my nineteen years of life, and I never once thought about telling another person — not even someone who I suspected was like me. He shook his head, his eyes looking far off into the distance.

"There would be a world war. All of the immortal and supernatural beings would probably be taken away for testing, locked up in some lab room — while scientists examined their psyche, their physical strength, etcetera. They would use us a inhumane war machines, and take advantage of what we have. That is why it is so frowned upon for a werewolf to have a human mate. My pack thinks you are human, so they are concerned for our safety." I gulped nervously, my mind clouded with an overwhelming amount of thoughts and 'what if's'. I would never tell a soul, so the fact that some weres view me as lower than Thaddeus made me red with anger. However, I had to be understanding. I don't know what I would do if someone I had confided in told my secret to the world, so I have to try and place myself in their shoes.

"When can we see them?"

"Soon, little one. When the time comes, I will go. You will stay at the pack house with intense security, for I will not be here to protect you if anything happens." I shook my head vigorously. I began to like his 'little one' nickname for me, but in this scenario it just felt patronizing and condescending.

"No, I need to find out who I am. I need to know my history, I need to find out if there is anyone else on this earth like me. I need to find out why."

"You will not come with me. These people, Indie — they are not kind. They will treat you like fresh meat, they will disrespect you. They use their power to the utmost advantage, and I will not tolerate anyone talking down upon you." He growled out, his eyes turning golden like honey. I stood up from my bed, tilting my chin so that I looked at him directly.

"I will go, Thaddeus. I can handle myself. I need this, for me. I have felt so alone for the entirety of my life. I have felt so curious, as this deep hole of curiosity as eaten away at me. I need to know, I have to know. This is so important to me, you don't understand." I clenched my jaw tightly, suddenly feeling extremely irritated.  There must be someone out there like me, there has to be.

"You don't understand, because... your entire life, you have had a community. You've understood your origins, despite your at times resentment for them. I need to know myself, I need to not feel so alone."