Chapter Thirty-Six: Moon Pendant

thank you guys so much for 1,000 votes, it seriously means so much to me. my heart is EXPLODING. i love u all so much. also, this chapter is also a little tangy ;)) so skip forward a bit if u need to

Thaddeus' Point of View:

       What could I get my little mate for her birthday? I rummaged through the clothing rack, Mila pulling out a skin-tight, red dress. Her mate, Charlotte, looked at me with suggestive eyes. I growled, skimming the flimsy material. I'd be damned if Indie walked out in something like that. "Absolutely not." Mila made some sexual comment, holding dress dress up to her mate. I ignored it, rolling my eyes as they began to kiss passionately in the store. "Can you two not do that right now?" Mila pulled away from Charlotte's arms, huffing in annoyance.

"I'm sorry you're all blue-balled." She retorted. I clenched my jaw tightly, trying to push the memories of Indie only in a towel from my mind. Her hair, long and slightly tangled, cascading down her back — dripping water on the floor, as she had just gotten out of the bath. Her face flushed from the heat, her cheekbones painted rouge. How she had so tightly been holding the towel around her small stature... I wanted to growl in frustration just thinking of the incident that had occurred just last night. I huffed in frustration, looking at all of the tight clothing and lingerie. Mila and Charlotte continued to present more options, but I shook my head. I don't know what would be worthy giving to her. Then, it clicked.

"Paint." I mumbled to myself, striding towards the door of the boutique. Mila raised her eyebrow in confusion, entangling her hand with Charlotte's.

"To Michael's Art Store it is."

It was already almost nine, the time I told Indie I would be there. I carefully wrapped the assortment of paint brushes, canvases and watercolors before grabbing the coffee I had prepared for her and leaving. I don't know why I felt so nervous, no one had ever made me feel like this before. My wolf taunted me in my head, making crude remarks. 'We wouldn't have to worry about gifts if we just went down on her,' I shook the perverse comments from my mind, giving my attention to the gifts I had gotten her. Luckily, Mila and Charlotte knew a good amount about art tools. I approached Indie's quaint house, carefully opening the door — as I didn't want her to pull out a gun on me again. I chuckled at the thought of it; she was so fierce, and strong.

I opened the door slowly, not wanting a gun to be pointed at my head once again. "Indie, it's me, Thaddeus." It was quiet, but I could still smell her alluring aroma. I carefully walked into her bedroom, my shoes and weight making the floor creak. Indie was in her bed, entangled in her blankets. The television was still on, her anatomy textbook wide open as she slept. Her hair was up in all directions, making me smile. Her two-colored eyes slowly opened, slightly squinted from the previous dream-state she was engulfed in. I sat the gifts down carefully by her bedside table, not wanting to frighten her by being too loud. I reached for the remote, turning the volume down as she slowly got up from her fetal position.

"Happy nineteenth." I mumbled, pressing a kiss to her forehead. She smiled, her eyes closing briefly as she felt the touch of my lips against her skin. I scooped her up bridal style into my lap, making a small squeak of surprise come from her mouth. She rubbed her eyes, leaning her head into my chest. As she opened her eyes to look at me, they focused on the neatly wrapped gifts behind her. Her eyes widened and lit up with happiness.

"For me?" I nodded, moving a stray lock of hair that had moved in front of her face. She smiled giddily, quickly grabbing one of the gifts. She slowed her movements, her eyes meeting mine.

"Can I open it?" I nodded again, somewhat yearning for her reaction. She carefully unwrapped the set of paintbrushes, then the watercolors as well as the pastels and canvases I had gotten her. Her face was completely lit up with happiness, making me want to purr in satisfaction. She wrapped her arms around my neck, tightly hugging me. In response, I wrapped my arms around her waist. She smelled like vanilla and cherries, the familiar scent making me smile as I remembered the day I first laid eyes on her. There was still so much about her I had yet to learn — her mind was like an intricate puzzle made of thousands tiny parts, and I was trying to fill in the missing pieces. That being said, I couldn't help but not being completely in love with her. She was different, not just because of her powers — but something more. She was unlike anyone I had ever met, almost like an angel sent from heaven. And, she was all mine.

Her eyes became fixated on the last gift behind me. She raised a brow, reaching over before untying the ribbon that encased the small box. She opened the box, her mouth going agape. She then proceeded to pull out the gold necklace, seeing the small moon pendant that was strung on. Her face blushed furiously, her adorable dimples poking through on her freckled cheeks. "I love it so much." I used my hand to put her hair up, holding it above her neck as I clasped the necklace on. Goosebumps rose on her skin as my fingers touched the top of her shoulder, making me smirk.

"Thank you so, so much Thaddeus." She grabbed my face, trailing her finger along my jawline — resulting in a growl. She pressed her soft lips against mine, her kiss tasting like cotton-candy. It would be a full moon tonight, meaning that my lust would be even more active than usual. I held her face with both of my hands, before instinctively going down to her waist. I lifted her with ease so that she was closer to me. Now that we were with this close of a proximity, she was straddling me. I growled deeply, hearing her heart race pick up from the loud noise.

"I don't know why I feel like this." She said, in between kisses. Her face was red hot, her tiny hands moving from my neck to my chest. Holy fuck. I didn't know that someone's touch could ever be so intoxicating, until I met Indie. Her hands moved up to the dip of my collarbone, back to my chest — making me want to mate her right then and there. I slowly moved my hands to her hips, her body convulsing from my touch. I carefully skimmed over her curvy hips until I reached the back of her thighs; pulling me closer to her. It was unbearable, having her be so intimate with me — yet I knew I couldn't mate her until she was fully ready.  Our lips were still touching passionately, my tongue dipping into her. She groaned as I moved from her lips to her collarbone, kissing the area softly. She smelled so good, almost delectable. She pushed her hips forward naturally, making me growl out.

"Little one," I whispered, my voice strained. She pulled away from our kiss, her chest rising and falling rapidly. Her eyes looked stunned, widened and her face painted rouge — how it looked when she had gotten out of the bath just last night. I knew my eyes were purely black, from the intense lust I felt for her. I continued to push the sexual thoughts away, afraid of possibly losing control.

"I don't know why I feel like this, I'm sorry." She swung her leg over my waist, getting out of bed. I so badly wanted to pull her back down on top of me, but I wouldn't unless she was ready. I could hear her heart racing, the beats irregular and vigorous. As she stood up fully, her legs wobbled slightly, making me smirk. 'Her smell, she's so aroused. Imagine-' My wolf taunted me, making me clench my jaw in frustration. If I could sock my wolf in the nose right now, I definitely would. I ignored his sexual comments. I then stood up, towering over her as she looked at me like a lost puppy. Her eyes made her look even more vulnerable, wide and twinkling with lust.

"It's a full moon tonight, and as we've grown closer, the mate pull has as well." She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "Juxtapose the way you feel to a dog going into heat. It's natural, Indie. Do not be embarrassed."

And with that being said, she crashed her lips into mine again.