Chapter Six: Stockholm Syndrome

Indie's Point of View

  "I don't know who you think you are, but I need to leave. I will scream." My palms were sweating furiously, as I picked at the hangnail on my thumb. What the fuck? I was being kidnapped, literally. I glanced back up at him, nervous to catch his glance. His eyes did something to me, and I could feel holes burning into my head directly where he was staring. I needed to find an escape, and now. There had to be a window, somewhere. When he was asleep, I could crawl out and run to get help. I slyly felt my back pockets, my heart sinking even further as I felt that my phone was taken. An overwhelming sense of the urge to vomit thrashed in my stomach, rising further in my throat as the predicament I was in hit my like a ton of bricks.

"Indie. It is not safe for you out there. Wolves want to attack you. They smell something on you, something that they want to take." He seethed. Was he absolutely insane?

"I am fine! Leave me alone, creep." I felt a lump form in my dry throat as he grabbed my wrists gently, small sparks igniting through me. It felt so good, when he touched me. I was confused and scared, why was this happening? He was kidnapping me, for God's sake. He was probably going to lock me up in some dungeon he has downstairs, and kill me off when he's done. All of the possible scenarios played out in my mind, as my eyes welled with tears. I just wanted a new start, and this is what I get?

"Little one, why are you crying?" He said, softer this time. He tilted my head up, causing me to look directly into his eyes. It was then, in that moment, I realized I truly couldn't read his mind. As much as I tried to, in order to uncover my fate, I simply couldn't. It was as if I was looking into a black abyss. There were no images, no words, no nothing. It was as if he were emotionless, heartless, brainless. As if he was only a figment if my imagination, not a true person.

The feeling of his large, calloused fingers on my chin felt so damn comforting. For a moment, I let myself relax into his touch, feeling as if we were the only two people on the planet, and that everyone else had simply vanished. I wanted more, I wanted so badly for him to cup my face, and stroke my hair. I felt so comfortable, so at peace for just that moment...

I quickly snapped out, shaking my head vigorously, tears streaming down my face. What is happening to me? Why do I feel so many things for him? Had he used some sort of drug on me to make me feel such attraction towards him?

"Tell me why you're crying, now, goddamnit!" He roared, releasing me for a moment before easily punching a hole in the nearby wall. The drywall crumbled under his large fist. The hole he had punched in the wall had to a few feet in circumference, making me grimace further at how easily he could damage my small self. I felt a panic attack rising in my chest, as the air suddenly became much harder to breathe. I was going to die.

"Thaddeus, what the fuck, man?" A tall, slender brunette suddenly ran out from a room. She had short, spiked brown hair and hazel eyes. Her skin was the same olive tone as Thaddeus, and she wore a leather jacket and black skinny jeans. Her movements were so fast, dare I say lightning speed. "You're fucking scaring her, jackass! She's having a panic attack! Look at her, she's your mate!"

Mate?

She rushed to my side, pulling me into her arms and wrapping me in them. Was this his girlfriend? Were they in this together, or was it some cult that kidnapped young girls for some masochistic reason?

She stroked my back as I stood trembling like a leaf. My arms were at my side, tears cascading down my puffy face like no tomorrow.  I felt myself begin to hiccup as I stood stiff, my arms and body feeling numb. My head began to throb from the sobs, progressively getting louder as Thaddeus practically destroyed the small house we were in. "She's terrified. Look at what you've done."

He looked at my face, his eyes going from a bright topaz color to their original color. His features softened. I could hear deep, animalistic growls being emitted from his chest, as I watched him breathe deeply through this nose. He pinched the bridge of his slightly crooked nose, before rubbing his face.

My knees buckled beneath me, and all of a sudden my weight became over bearing as I collapsed to the floor. I knew I was going to die.

Then, just like how I pictured Thaddeus' mind, my vision swirled into a black abyss.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPPY but this is still a v important one :)) thank you for all of the support honeyyyys!
xoxoxoxoxoxi