Chapter Forty-Nine: Distraction

this is a filler chapter so it's not super interesting but :)))

Indie's Point of View:

        "Thaddeus, you're distracting me." I groaned, feeling him press kisses against my collarbone. He would be the death of me. "Hm?" He replied, absentmindedly continuing to kiss my neck with his soft, warm lips. I was currently sitting in my bed, reviewing my notes for the huge chemistry I had tomorrow. My hair was messily in a top knot, curls falling around my face. I was breaking out due to the fact that my period had hit me full swing, thus making me moody as well. Pulp Fiction played in the background, but Thaddeus definitely was not interested in that. He was diverting all of his attention to making studying as hard as possible. I was still in my work uniform, as I had just worked a dreadful 9-5 shift with no breaks.

"Go get changed, little one. Here, I brought you some of my clothes. It's almost winter time, and you're only ever wearing a t-shirt and undies. As much as I love that, I can see that you're cold at night when dusk falls." He handed me a blue knit sweater, his comforting scent wafting to my nose as I gladly accepted. I got up to go change, closing the bathroom door behind me. Even though I couldn't see his face now, I could practically envision the pout splayed across his lips. I rolled my eyes at him, ignoring his playful protests.

"Sorry, buddy." I cackled, stripping off my button-up shirt and sighing in relief when I took my bra off. Let's be real, that's the best feeling. I unbuttoned my high-waisted jeans, shimmying them down my legs. I gasped when the door abruptly open, grabbing a nearby towel that was lying on the floor. "Thaddeus." I muttered, playfully twitching my eye.

"You called me buddy," He said, his voice gruff. He grabbed at my hips, making me yelp. "'Buddies' don't do that, nor make those sounds come from those lips. Only I do that." I laughed before shoving him off, pulling the sweater over my body with my back faced to him. I turned back around, placing my hands on my hips as he looked at me up and down.

"Want me to do a spin or something?" I giggled, placing a lingering kiss on his cheek. He grunted in response, raising his thick brows. "I love seeing you in my clothes." He scooped me up bridal style, leaving my legs dangling in the air. I would never get used to him holding me like this. "Indie, I need to tell you about something that will be taking place tomorrow night. I didn't find out until earlier today, which is why I'm telling you now." I raised a brow at him, awaiting his explanation.

"There will be a dinner tomorrow, a formal one. A higher power will be selected, those whom the wolves that live in the United States see best fit. One of the Alphas will be chosen, elected by the people," He said, studying my eyes. "Later that night, there will be a peace treaty signing with the witches. I don't know if the woman whom I suspected was your mother would be there, but you deserve to know. If you would not like to come, I understand." I nodded slowly, trying to wrap my mind around meeting those who are like me — or maybe even end up knowing who my birth mother is.

"Okay," I sighed out, my anxiety heightening. "I'll go." I answered. "As long as it's after my exam." He pecked my lips, nodding understandingly.

"Big test tomorrow?" He asked, rubbing circles on my back. I nodded, groaning. I was beyond stressed out, if I passed I would soon be entering medical school. I had been studying my whole life for this, it seemed like, but it was going by so fast. I graduated high school early, taking college credit classes so that I could get ahead and hopefully finish medical school in my early twenties. I didn't imagine college would be like this, much less did I expect to find someone who was meant to be my soulmate. In just the span of a few months, my life had taken a 360 degree turn.

"Hey, you're going to do wonderfully." I nodded, grimacing at how much I had to do. "As long as you stop distracting me, goofy." He saluted me playfully, opening up the folder that contained packets of paperwork regarding property and other surrounding packs. We sat in comfortable silence, the only audible noise being the flipping of pages in my medical coding book and him sloppily signing things. I resisted the urge to look over at him too much, his brows furrowed and his hands crossed. Occasionally he would stand up and pace whilst reading, running a hand through his silky hair. I closed all of my books, deciding that four hours of review was plenty before shutting my eyes and curling up in Thaddeus' sweater. He murmured that he would be in bed soon, pressing a kiss to the side of my head.

"Goodnight, little one."