Chapter 11- School

Erabelle woke up with a start as she heard someone yelling in her ear, 

"Get up, Era! It's a new day, full of possibilities!" Zuria's voice was loud in Era's ear, making her roll over and groan.

"Nooo, I think I'll just stay here...it's so warm..." She closed her eyes and then was forcefully pulled out of bed by Zuria and Erin. She stood up lazily and checked the time. 

"Guys! Charms isn't for another hour and a half!" Era complained at them. 

"Plenty of time to get ready for the first day. We should look especially nice." Gloria said 'the first day' as if it was a huge event in their whole lives. Erabelle rolled her eyes but didn't argue anymore, there was no point. Era showered and then they all went to the bathroom to do hair. 

"I'm exhausted from last night, we shouldn't have stayed up so late," Gloria remarked. They had stayed up talking until One A.M. Probably not good for first years. They all felt as if they had known each other for years, and yet they had only just met. 

"You're probably right," Erin agreed, giggling. 

"But it was so fun. Totally worth it." Zuria said, and they all had to admit it was true. Erabelle was especially happy because she never had friends that were girls, to talk to about things like boys and feelings. 

They succeeded in making themselves look sort of nice. Zuria left her hair down in loose curls, while Erin put her's up in a high ponytail. Gloria did braids in her hair while she made Era let her straighten her red hair. They were all ready to go down to breakfast, but they were met with none other than Malfoy and his idiot friends, Crabbe and Goyle. 

"What do you want," She asked coldly as he continued to stand in her way. 

"So, you made it into Slytherin. I'm surprised they let someone with such a weak mind as yours in. That hat must be... malfunctioning." He smirked. Then he seemed to notice someone behind her. She turned to see it was Zuria, who turned pink as he smiled at her. Era though, is that supposed to be charming? Pfft. He's not fooling anyone. She convinced herself, hoping her friend wouldn't fall into that trap. He introduced himself to her and then walked away, leaving Zuria grinning, from ear to ear. 

As they walked to breakfast, Era thought again about the killing methods she and her friends talked about on the train and laughed evilly in her head

"What is it, Erabelle?" Erin asked. Era realized she had cackled out loud and turned bright red. 

"Oh, nothing, nevermind." She responded, smiling at her friend. 

******************

After half of the day had gone by and she had taken charms, transfiguration, and herbology, she had lunch with her friends and they discussed the previous classes. Then she looked down and saw that next, she had potions class. She heard it was terrible, and did not look forward to it at all. 

Erabelle sighed and stood up from the table, gathering her books and bag. 

"Bye guys, I'm off to potions early to see what it's like. See you there!" She said walking away briskly. They all waved and then began getting ready themselves. 

When Era arrived in the dungeon classroom, she looked around and saw she was the only one in the room. It was kind of creepy in there, she thought as she walked to a seat in the back slowly. She sat down and waited for class to start, hoping her friends would arrive soon. After a minute, she heard footsteps coming closer in the hallway, loud and fast. A man walked briskly into the classroom, not noticing the red head in the corner. He was the professor from before at the feast with long black hair. After he reached the desk, he paused and turned around, looking at her. 

"What are you doing here." He asked loudly. 

"Uh, I just got here early, professor." He glared at her for a moment, but then the rest of the class began filing in and he turned away. What a weird guy, Era thought. Erin sat beside her and they smiled at each other before the professor spoke. He introduced himself as Professor Snape and went over the 'rules'. After that, he said

"I will be partnering up the class. You will be with someone of your own house. Slytherin with Slytherin, Gryffindor with Gryffindor. These will be your final seats. Do not complain or you will loose points for your house." He looked at Harry while saying so. (I know I'm changing it, it's for good reason) He began to read off the list in his hand. 

"Stinton and Diggory, De Clare and Crabbe, Goyle and Parkinson, Potter and Weasley,... and so on. He reached the end and said: 

"Andrews and Malfoy." Erabelle groaned, dismayed at this arrangement. The whole year?! How would she survive with that prat. She heard Malfoy groan as well from across the room. They all stood up, and Era slowly walked over to where her blonde partner was sitting. He ignored her and she rolled her eyes, not looking at him either.

Snape spent a bit of time interrogating Harry and giving Malfoy reason to smirk annoyingly. Era sighed, feeling extremely bored, until she looked up and saw that Snape had noticed. 

"Oh no, Andrews appears to be bored. Well, if you are so experienced that you are bored in my class you must know the answer to this... simple question. What is a Pepperup Potion used for?" Era blushed and answered quietly.

"I don't know sir. I only just learned of the magical world." She looked down.

"Don't use excuses in this class. Next time, learn to listen and perhaps you could pass this class." Snape said. After a little while, and some taunts from Malfoy, the class was finally over. She went through the rest of the day in a foul mood and wanted to find someone who could cheer her up. 

Fifteen minutes later, she found herself sitting in the kitchens with Fred and George, gorging on pastries. 

"C'mon Era, why the long face?" George inquired with a mouth full of chocolate croissant. 

"Snape." She answered simply. They nodded, understanding the situation. 

"Ah, your first encounter with... the beast " Fred said. 

"Yeah. He made me seem like an idiot, and he partnered me up with Malfoy for the rest of the year."

"Ouch, good luck with that."