( CHAPTER ONE - FIRE BLAZING )

CHASING CHAOS. ONE.

•:•☾☼☽•:•

VICTORY ISN'T SOMETHING YOU'RE GIVEN

IT IS SOMETHING YOU TAKE

                                — UNKNOWN

•:•☾☼☽•:•

CHAPTER ONE - FIRE BLAZING

━━━━━ •:•☾☼☽•:• ━━━━━

JOSEPHINE remembered the night her parents died like it was yesterday.

A major headache emerged between her temples while she looked in the long mirror that hung behind her door.

She stared back at her refection with a certain pride that she had finished high-school with the honor role. The dark blue waves of her dress reached below her feet, but trailed slightly behind her due to her not wearing heels.

The major headache was from the stress that she had during finishing up her final exams, and then stressing how she could fit the 'getting ready' part of the big day the next morning.

She had always stressed about things that she had no control over, even though she had fully calculated the down time of each appointment, which would leave her about twenty minutes for her mother to strap her in her dress and finish up the touches before leaving through the door to join her friends for the most magnificent night of their lives.

But that day had never happened like she had been picturing it for seventeen years.

As her blue eyes stared back into the reflection of herself in the mirror, a small smile forming on her face while she was unaware that a certain black car crashed off the highway. The car did four flips on the way down, leaving a mother and a father screaming in terror. The crash sight was brutal, debris of the victims vehicle were scattered on the grass, while a drunk driver was left unscathed. Now he would live with the consequences of his actions his whole life.