Imagine| training with an arrogant angel

Mutation: Gravitikinesis

You had been at the school for almost three years, and finally, with the professor's permission, you finally were able to join the training with the other students.

Pulling your hair into a quick ponytail, you made your way to the danger room. You must have turned a wrong corner as you stumbled into a strong set of arms.

Sheepishly you looked up to see Warren he smirked at you before his hand either side of your arms steadying you: you knew Warren he kept mostly to himself around the school the girls and a few guys were head over heels for him. You, on the other hand, we're not going to fall for his charms and if you did Peter your best friend would forever tease you.

You mumbled a quick apology stepping out of his way, "Don't happen to be headed to the danger room?" Warren queried raising an eyebrow at you. You smiled in response nodding yes. The winged man led the way you walked side by side in silence.

"ready for your first training n/n" someone squeaked you turned to greet your best friend Jean who tackled you with a hug.
"takin long enough!"

Excitement bubbled inside you as you bounced on the balls of your feet - you've been waiting years for training.
You took your place beside Scott smiling confidently.

Soon enough the room was turned into the virtual reality resembling a deserted ghost town. Cautiously you assessed the situation the city gave of a painful atmosphere. Noticing a feather-light paper fall from the sky landing in front of a broken, rusted door you knelt picking the paper up - it was a warning image devils possess this town! A shadow cast over your face rooting you to your spot.  Looking up you heard the team shout for you to run- the sentinal towered above you without hesitation mostly out of shock you cancelled gravity. The robot floated up along with pebbles and dust-raising the room until it disappeared in the clouds poisoning the clear sky grey. Backing up you dropped the enemy and in seconds the metal form hurled towards the sheriff house before crashing - The impact throwing you back across the street into an old barn door.

Groaning you dusted the scattered wood chips of yourself; a hand appeared in front of you beckoning for you to take it. You accepted gratefully only to be pulled into foreign arms confused you saw Warren had you in his arms before lifting into the air despite your protests, "put me back, or I swear I will cancel gravity."
As soon as your feet hit the ground, you turned to glare at the angel, "what the heck" you snapped Warren merely smirked, "no thank you for saving your life I see how it is" he laughed you rolled your eyes.

In a flash of silver and Peter swivelled to a stop, "are you okay" his eyebrows furrowed in concern as he scanned you for injury.
You narrowed your eyes before glancing past Peters' shoulder to see the broken barn exploded by a sentinel you deduced had been electrocuted to the point of explosion.
Composing yourself, you leant into Peters hold looking up gratefully at Warren, "seems I owe you an apology, Worthington". Warren nodded Peter shit him a look which you couldn't decipher.
What's their issue now?

You limped off to join the rest of the team, Ororo hurried over to you, "you did great! " she pulled you in for a quick side hug as the walls pixelated back to steel blue walls.

You turned to attention as Mystique announced the small break before a quick introductions to hand to hand combat.

Everyone paired up in the usual pairs: Jean/Scott, Ororo/Peter, Kurt/Jubilee and this leaving you with...
You stomached the urge to laugh. Of course, you would be paired up with the archangel. Life wasn't always peachy.
You sent Jean a pleading look that she only grinned before winking. Count on a telepath to mess with you.

Warren approached you all suave and intimidating. Everyone knew Warren was an expert in hand to hand combat it was one of the reasons he was so feared yet loved by all students.
You stood in defensive stances holding your arms in front rolling back on forth on the ball of your heel to your tiptoes Warren chuckled seeing your eagerness to fight, "I'll go easy on your love."
You tensed at his nickname - you were not going to fall for his cheesy cringey attempts.

You stepped forward with a jab that Warren ducked. You saw him swing at you which you stepped back to the side. You and Warren trained back and forth- inexperienced as you were you tripped falling. You closed your eyes preparing for an impact on the ground it strong arms caught you, "careful l/n looks like you keep falling for me".
Seriously. A mocking laugh escaped you without permission, "in your dreams bird boy."

Warren smirked. That infuriating smirk that always seemed to show up at the worst of times.

Someone cleared their throat, and you blushed then you squirmed in Warrens hold: realising this he slowly ever so slowly let you go. You stood seeing Peter he pulled you to his side mumbling something to Warren.

You complained as the speedster tugged you to the other side of the room glancing back over your shoulder you saw the mop of blonde curls versing Ororo. One day you would beat him.