preference~ he finds out you cheated

You were guilty. Guilty yet you couldnt stop even though he was the universe. There was something so wrong about what you had with Liam even how much it hurt you, you couldnt stop.

"Hey babe," Liam said as he settled onto the couch in the study. Immediately you relaxed into his warm embrace and lifted your face until your lips found his. It was like this. These hidden stolen moments with a man you loved. Liam planted kissed up and down your jaw leaving butterflies in your stomach.

Something caught your eye and your eyes followed the footsteps of Ororo who was headed to the door. You cursed leaping away from Liam - no time for apologies.

"Ororo please wait" The storm manipulator paused hurt in her eyes,
"he needs to know. How could you do this to him." she said coldly

"it's hard to explain but you have to understand I love him. I do" you paused swaying on your feet, "please Storm don't tell Warren-

"tell me what?" a voice said from behind you.

You cursed in your head, you looked at Ororo's fierce eyes and saw his angel like reflection.
You pleaded with wide eyes to Ororo and she stepped back. You turned to Warren your arms crossed over and you knew you deserved what was coming. You breathed in slowly,

" Warren I've been well I've been seeing someone"

"seeing? like dating? I don't understand love"

"His name is Liam but please Ren you have to understand I love you and-

Warren stepped back his blue eyes watered then red crept up his face, "UNDERSTAND! that the girl I'm in love with has been cheating on me for what? how long!". You stepped back you couldn't meet his gaze it was too heartbreaking.

"five months."

Warren ran a hand through his hair and stretched his wings out - he did that when he was upset. "have you slept with him" he asked fiercely his voice breaking with emotion. The emotion that opened your floodgates and the tears fell freely. Warren understood this silent answer and he glared at you through watery eyes. You reached out to touch him but Warren retreated he looked at you with utter betrayal and disgust.

"Warren please I love you...I love both of you" you whispered. Thousands of emotions rolled over his cherubic face - how can he still look perfect when he's crying. You knew he was upset he never cried and it was your fault you really ruffled his feathers [sorry wing pun had to] He exhaled harshly and reached into his jacket something in his closed fist.

"well, I can make it easier" Warren growled and walked away. You looked down where he had been seconds before and knelt down to pick up the crumpled piece of paper he dropped. You unfolded it with trembling fingers and felt another wave of nausea at the torn picture from your first date together.