Day 1

It seems that I was killed after being stabbed by the stalker who I had considered to be like a younger sister, and somehow I got reincarnated.

Wow, that was a mouthful. And no, I'm not joking when I say that I've been reincarnated.

You could say that my current state of mind hasn't settled down from all of the confusion, so I'd appreciate it if you would save the comments until after I finish my story since it might sound a bit wild if you interrupt me. Ahem. So let me explain everything from the beginning...

Well, first let's start with my name. I used to be called Tomokui Kanata. However since I was reincarnated, let's leave it as "Nameless" for now.

I have a bit of a lapse in memory here, but I remember that after a hard day of work, I was invited by some colleagues for a drink. I accepted their offer and we went tavern hopping.

Since the following day was a holiday, even those with a low alcohol tolerance ended up drinking throughout the night. I even had to end up carrying a colleague home since she was too drunk to make it by herself.

She had fallen asleep and I didn't want to wake her, so I left her on the bed. My constitution and love of alcohol were much greater than hers and at that time I had an urge to drink while watching the full moon, or so I thought as I opened the fridge.

I realized that the bottom shelf that should have been stuffed with beer and chuhai and all sorts of drinks was empty.

Yesterday I had finished all of my drinks and had planned to go restock it today—if it wasn't for my colleague's invitation earlier.

I had completely forgotten about it.

That's right, it was the biggest failure in my life to have finished drinking the stocks yesterday.

If only I had saved at least one.

I–no, no... first, let's hasten the conversation a bit.

I, who had wanted to drink sake by all means, went to a nearby convenience store which was open twenty-four hours a day, bought five beers, and headed home.

Summer was approaching, yet the night was still chilly. The full moon that was suspended in the clear night sky was very beautiful.

The clouds, which were slightly concealing the moon, were also pleasant. Indeed, drinking sake with the silver moon shining overhead would make it an even more delicious experience than usual.

While thinking about the alcohol, I noticed that under a street-light was a pretty girl. It was a face that I had recognized. She's what the general public would have referred to as a 'stalker'.

My stalker was Kirimine Aoi, an active female college student in the local area. She's 20 years old, 5 years younger than I was.

Our relationship isn't exactly what you would call 'normal'. You see, in my third year of high school, I saw a couple of delinquents harassing a girl—the person whom I would soon know as Aoi. She was 12-13 years old at the time. I found her, saved her, and that was how our destinies had become entwined.

Well, while it wasn't wrong to say that I helped, I'm not sure if that's the correct thing to say.

Compared to how I am now, I used to be a cowardly chicken. At the time, you could clearly see that there was a girl being harassed by a pair of delinquents. Though it was deplorable, the surrounding people turned a blind eye to it.

As a person for whom ESP capability hadn't yet awoken, I could either have chosen to help her or quickly run away.

However, either by fortune or bad luck, I had received a military stun nightstick as a birthday present from my uncle, a weapons enthusiast. He worked for small to medium-sized corporations that had military relations, so it was easy for him to get it for me. Those companies were under the influence of one major company, Avalon.