Day 35

I woke up due to a strange urge. The lighting was dim, but I didn't mind that very much.

I was stirred by a strange hunger that was unlike any I'd ever felt before, so I reached for the corpse of the nearby Red Bear. After removing the bowie knife that I had lodged deeply in the bear's forehead, I used raw strength to tear its head off. When I brutally ripped off the skin, flesh, and cervical vertebrae, the sound could be heard from afar.

I hadn't fully regained consciousness yet, so I was munching on the Red Bear's head that was in my hand.

Ability [Lord of the Mountain's Piercing Roar] learned.

Ability [Intimidating Glare] learned.

Ability [All Elemental Resistance] learned.

After I tore the hair off the head, crushed the cranium and slurped the brain for a few seconds, I judged that the bear's pelt was needed, so I took the bowie knife that had somehow seemed smaller and carefully peeled it off.

I got the feeling that the Red Bear became smaller since I fainted, but my head wasn't working right, so I couldn't find a reason to why I felt that way.

It just felt right peeling the skin off the bear, I did it for no other reason.

Any other thoughts didn't enter my mind.

My left hand from the elbow down was gone, however, this much could be fixed by my abilities so there was no problem.

Using my [Metamorphosis] ability, I was able to make slender fingers for my arm, which was gone from the elbow down, and pick up the pelt.

Though having difficulty using a small knife with my prosthetic fingers, I was able to finish flaying the pelt from the bear. After that, I started eating the flesh of the now naked bear.

As if suffering from intense starvation, I single-mindedly devoured its flesh and blood until nothing remained.

Ability [Lord of the Mountain's Stout Hide] learned.

Ability [Lord of the Mountain's Strong, Supple muscle] learned.

Ability [Consecutive Raging Strikes] learned.

Ability [Tyranny of the Beast King] learned.

Ability [Demigod of Fire's Divine Protection] learned.

Ability [Complete Fire Resistance] learned.

Even chewing and tearing brought out its flavor, truly the best meat I have ever had, I drank the thick blood that almost tasted like wine, I could feel the Red Bear's vitality as soon as I swallowed a mouthful of its innards, I devoured its crunchy bones and exhausted its bone marrow just like the minerals of a cave, at that point my mind has finally been cleared and started working.

I then looked at my body.

My body remained black, and although there were large quantities of blood covering it, I

noticed some unfamiliar red lines that seemed to have some religious significance—–wonder if I should call it a tattoo?—-all over my body. And the size of my body is a full human arm length taller than that of an adult male, my belly has also turned into a 6-pack abs, it's easy to realize that I am not a Hobgoblin anymore but a different species entirely.

And my hair, I am sure it wasn't this long. Although my hair grew when I turned into a Hobgoblin, it couldn't even reach up to my shoulders, comparing it to now, it feels like my hair has already reached below my shoulder blades. Aside from growing longer, it has also turned gray.