Day 60

I noticed something was in the area with 【Sense Presence】. Even though it was 2 hours after midnight I still had plenty of energy.

【Sense Presence】's area of effect has grown considerably recently. I always activate it before going to sleep just in case, but it randomly wakes me up at times. It's very annoying.

I set it so only [Sense Enemy] will trigger it so it wouldn't wake me up at night. Now that I actually take a look there are a lot of enemies showing up, too many even for this hour of night.

For a moment I thought the humans had come to attack, but I realized that's unlikely.

At night the forest belongs to the monsters.

If the humans were to attack us now, they would be at a huge disadvantage.

While I was trying to figure out it was, I was able to confirm it wasn't the humans.

The species name coming up after using my abilities [Mental Map] and [Sense Presence] together was Kobold. I thought they might after revenge, but... that might be wrong.

I could tell there were 53 Kobolds by the number of red dots showing up on my [Mental Map]. There were also 38 blue dots that appeared to be chasing the Kobolds. At the very edge there was a rather large gray dot. Individuals of the same species show up as the same color, so that means there are three different species.

I didn't know what the blue and gray dots were. From what I could tell when the red dots made contact with the blue dots the red dots were disappearing.

It appears the Kobolds were under attack.

Stuff like this happens all the time which is why I usually ignore it.

It was different this time though, because the Kobolds were heading straight for our cave.

I'd rather not have anything to do with this, but they were getting closer and closer. I decided to wake up everyone in order to prepare for the possible intrusion.

I could easily kill the Kobolds so the real threat was the blue and gray dots.

The Kobolds ran as fast as they could toward our cave. They'd been reduce to 36 members.

There weren't just males. The group included females, elderly, and children.

In the rear was a line of armed male Kobolds trying to hold off the blue dots. The blue dots were bleached white Skeletons armed with swords, shields, and armor. The Kobolds were desperately trying to slow the Skeletons down.

I was at loss for words.

When I was inside Returner's dungeon, I didn't get to see a Skeleton. This is the first time I've seen the real thing. Aren't these Skeletons the same magical creatures that were guarding Velvet's Dungeon?

Why are they here?... Ah, a Kobold got killed. It looks like I don't have that much time to think about it.

I gave out orders using the cuffs and told them to attack the Skeleton group with crossbows to start.

Getting a good hit on them is incredibly difficult. Even if they got hit head on, the bolt simply snaps. That's how tough they were.

In all likelihood, there was an ability of some kind at work here.

Seeing that the crossbows were ineffective, I pulled «Regret», our long-range force, back.

«Pleasure», our logistical support corps, led the escaping Kobolds to the prison cells. I had Gobuji administer first aid to anybody that needed it in the Kobold group.