Day 19

After completing morning practice, I didn't go hunting, instead I went to look at the warehouse in the inner parts of the cave. Since some of the captured girls had adventurer-like abilities, it occurred to me that items relating to those abilities might have been captured together with the girls.

From just looking at the stuff, even a genius like me couldn't decide what trash is and what's worth keeping, however now thanks to the ability I got from the Orc, [Detect Analysis], I could see the items details.

In addition, since analyzing stuff gave the ability experience, even analyzing duds wasn't a waste of time.

With such a carefree mood, it seems I found a treasure trove. A fairly large one at that.

[ Goburou has obtained [Weapon-Staff] Beginner Magician's stave]

[ Goburou has obtained [Weapon-Staff] Blessed Mistletoe stave]

[ Goburou has obtained [Weapon-Sword] Iron Estoc x3]

[ Goburou has obtained [Weapon-Dagger] Bowie Knife x4]

[ Goburou has obtained [Weapon-Axe] Iron Battle-Axe x2]

[ Goburou has obtained [Weapon-Ranged] Crossbow x2]

[ Goburou has obtained [Weapon-Consumable] Iron Tipped Arrow x50]

[ Goburou has obtained [Protection-Shield] Iron Round Shield x2]

[ Goburou has obtained [Protection-Armor] Damaged Breastplate]

[ Goburou has obtained [Protection-hand] Solid Iron-Wrought Gauntlet]

[ Goburou has obtained [Medicine] Health Potions that may have gone bad x6]

[ Goburou has obtained [Medicine] Mana Potions that may have gone bad x8]

[ Goburou has obtained [Medicine] Holy Water Bottles of the Enrique Faith x3]

[ Goburou has obtained [Storage] Backpacks x2]

[ Goburou has obtained [Storage] Field Pack x3]

[ Goburou has obtained [Book] First Volume of "World Wandering Journal: From Imperial

Capitals to Unexplored Regions"]

[ Goburou has obtained [Book] Second Volume of "Introduction to Magic – Basic Sorcery"]

[ Goburou has obtained [Book] "Nature of God's Prayer: Scenario of Receiving"]

[ Goburou has obtained [Book] "Recommended Guide to Erietta Continent's Alphabet"]

When going over it, I found treasure after treasure.

At first glance it seems to be composed entirely of unusable scrap, however below the uppermost layer, lots of useful stuff laid sleeping. Yeah, it seems this place truly is a treasure trove. While there's no great difference between the estoc's I found and the longswords I'm

carrying currently, since the estoc's were in a better condition, I decided to swap.

Comparing the obsidian knife I'd been using till now with the Bowie knives, their blades were longer and their edges sharper. The blade is single edged, and only at the tip of it is double edged. I suspect it's meant to be used as a hunting knife, so I took the knives as well.

Four knives might be a lot, but since the production of pocket knives already has begun, there's really no problem.

I looked forward to a later time when I'd disassemble the knives to learn how they were made. After that, except for the estoc I picked and the long sword I swapped for it, I ate the rest of the swords.

Ability [Improved Slashing Power] learned.

Ability [Improved Piercing Power] learned.

I learned [Improved Slashing Power] from eating the longswords, and [Improved Piercing Power] from eating the Estoc's.

In order for the reader to understand this, I'll tell you about my [Consumption Absorption Ability].

I learn abilities from more than eating living beings. However, for items above a certain level, the power of the learned abilities depends on the quality of the item. For the abilities to enter my mind I must use the item a certain amount. If I haven't, then eating the item would be pointless, and in that way I have to keep wondering, "I wonder if this will go well now". I've had to practice that perception quite a bit. Even if I make a mistake I'll recover. I tell myself to be brave enough to keep trying.

Reaching the top feels really good.

While I was doing that by myself, Gobukichi and Gobumi came by. Apparently they thought it odd that they couldn't see me around, so they went looking for me. They came at a great time. I'd taken the potions and other stuff that you could hang on the belt and put in the Field Pack. I crammed as much of the rest as I could into the backpack. I asked Gobukichi and Gobumi to carry the rest that I couldn't fit inside my bags.

Gobukichi graduated from his shell-wrapped cudgel to a rustic looking battle-axe, and swapped his wooden shield with pieces of carapace sewn on with an iron round shield. Since there was a hole in the middle of the round shield, we had to make an impromptu fix by attaching a piece of carapace there.

After that I had him equip the breast plate instead of the shell reinforced leather armor I made for him two days ago. Together with the shell-helmet I made for him two days ago, Gobukichi's defense was the highest by far out of us three.

He totally looked like heavy infantry.

He kept the cudgel he had used till today strapped over his back as a spare.

I gave Gobumi the two crossbows and 50 arrows. In addition, I gave her the obsidian knife I had been using till now in addition to one of the Bowie knives to use as insurance, but this was the limit when considering the weight of all the stuff she was carrying.

Nevertheless, out of the three of us, the one with the highest ranged offensive power was her and with her deft handling of the two knives, her offensive potential shouldn't be made light of.

She gave off the impression that she was a hunter or an archer from how she looked.

And at the end, myself. My two longswords were replaced by an estoc, with a small shield reinforced by shells similar to the one Gobukichi has. This shield was made so it could be fixed to the right arm, and still allows me to move my wrist without problems.

To protect my left hand, I equipped the gauntlets wrought from solid iron. The gauntlets had less defensive power than the Round Shield, however if the aim was just to deflect attacks then it should be enough.

This way I had reasonable defense whilst not hurting my ease of movement too much. With the effects of the ability [Job-Light Swordsman] added, I feel like it's risen by another level again.

And also, since today the Goblins collected an earlier unthinkable amount of tribute for us, we returned the rest to them. I couldn't eat it all; it was far too much.