Day 34

I fought so desperately with the Red Bear that when it was finally over, I noticed that the sun was already rising.

My body was seriously injured from when Red Bear tore at me with his fangs and claws.

Moving around and looking for a safe place to rest would be an impossible feat. Moreover, my left arm was cleanly cut off below my elbow.

When I defended myself from one of the Red Bear's sharp claws, it got cut off and was sent flying, the cut off arm was then eaten by the Bear in the middle of the fight.

Because my left arm was lost beyond hope of salvaging I could only make a temporary fix by stemming the bleeding with my thread. In order to heal the wound properly countless systematic Recovery Skills would be needed. Fortunately Rapid Recovery has already activated, so the possibility that I bleed to death is unlikely.

There was a large amount of blood streaming from my body, why wasn't it fatal? You might think this, but the blood that came out was already replenished by my ability. Contrary to appearances, the blood remaining in my body was sufficient.

Well, let's talk about that later.

I can't help but say the damage to my equipment is greater. Both of my estoc's broke to their handles and became useless, my bowie knife's edge crumbled into pieces, having a nicked edge, it was barely saved from breaking off the handle.

My primary halberd also had a terribly chipped edge, the long handle was distorted greatly from warding off the Red Bear's constant attacks.

It hasn't been destroyed, but it clearly needs repairing.

The protective gear which should have still looked new before the battle looks like a shadow of itself, its state is now a jacket and tattered shorts.

At first glance all you can see is a beaten dog. No, a defeated Hobgoblin.

I was in a horrible state.

But, I survived. I survived.

I did well not dying, truly.

[Rapid Recovery] and Recovery Skills, if there were no duplicate recovery abilities, I would have easily died more than 50 times in my current condition as a Hobgoblin.

If there were no Enhanced Defense abilities [Shell Defense], [Physical Damage Reduction], [Steel Hide], [Scale Armor Charge], and [Strong-Supple Frame] there were no Enhanced Defense abilities that were the same etc., it isn't likely to have ended to the degree of damage of only losing one arm and there'd be lacerations to my entire body surely. Rather, even at my full strength, a graze from one of its strikes would send me flying. That's how much of a foul play the Red Bear's strike is.

I mean, that really was a cheat.

Even so, I still didn't lose.

Starting from [Venom], [Electro Master], [Hydro Hand], [Spider Thread Creation] and various abilities, using simple combination attacks with various abilities as an effective way to whittle down its health.

Actually I'd rather use [End] type magic to quickly deal the killing blow; the problem is that right now my spell casting is so slow that it's practically useless in the middle of close range combat. Because the opening I'd give would be too big, I'd instantly die if I tried.

Moreover in the first place, when I tried to hit it with a sneak attack with a lance he dodged it, so chances are that if I even managed to get one off, it would just be a waste of time.

The beasts' instincts were fearsome. Well, because it lost his left arm in the initial surprise attack, I was probably satisfied with that attack.

I was also lucky that my attacks with my halberd were extremely potent when buffed by my strengthening skills like [Improved Slashing Power], [Improved Piercing Power], [Improved Charging Power], [Improved Leg Power] and [Pump-Up] etc.