Day 9

It rained today. It was a downpour.

Thus, using the raw materials I acquired yesterday, I will work hard to manufacture new armor.

The goblin elder earlier told us about the needle like "Steel Grass" and the sturdy string like "Slender Ivy" that grew in the vicinity, so yesterday on the way back we made ourselves a supply to use when sewing with the Armored Tanuki skins furnished with shells and the Night Viper skins.

The first thing I made was my torso armor. I wanted to use the Armored Tanuki skin for the front and back, but the most important part was that the rear part was sturdy, and the rabbit horns that earlier were used to protect the rear were used to patch up the front. I mostly succeeded in closing any gaps.

With this I have finally ranked up my garment from the worn-out loincloth.

The previous armor before? No, those were only horns fastened with ivy therefore it cannot be called clothes. Moreover, the worn-out loincloth is equipped by default.

Next I made a wooden square, I wanted to use the remaining shells to reinforce it.

Though it is still quite shabby, with this a sturdy shield is completed. This is a present to Gobukichi. No, I use the dual-wield style, and the shield is too over-sized for me to use. So, Gobukichi who is the vanguard should use it.

Besides, lately he had started to be able to use the cudgel one-handed, and not using one hand is wasteful.

When I hand it over, he was very much delighted. Gobukichi was equipped with his wooden cudgel which was the same size as his torso, the shield crafted from the Tanuki's carapace and the wooden torso armor. Yes, he's starting to look quite good.

Next is Gobumi's body armor.

Utilizing the remaining snake skin and seven prismatic colored bat wings, and a small amount of the remaining horns, I stitched those together and a body armor that reminded me of a national costume was made.

Because it was made using the Seven Colored Bat's wings it was quite vibrant, however the bat wings proved to be surprisingly robust and elastic.

Since the horn was arranged for protecting the vitals, the minimum required level of defense is expected.

After that I tried to make a necklace out of the Seven Colored Bat's fangs. Well, I felt that I didn't really have many options for using them so it was more something like a bonus.

The finished product was presented to Gobumi. She was very delighted too.

That's right, next time I craft something I'll try to make weapons for myself, armor for Gobukichi, and a bow and quiver for Gobumi might be good I think.

Ah, today's meal was what I ate during my infancy period (although it was just few days ago), caterpillar like insects. These could be gathered in the cave.

Because it's unexpectedly tasty, this bug should not be underestimated. Though I did not learn anything from eating it.