Day 27

The next day, we were training in a vacant lot outside the cave as usual, when an unfamiliar group of goblins arrived.

Although they looked unkempt, I saw three-fourths of them carrying a number of chipped short swords and battle axes that looked well-used hanging at their waists. They were also wearing blood-stained leather armor on top of dirty chain mail shirts. There were even three Hobgoblins among them.

Will a war for survival break out for a second day in a row? We got a little excited but it seems to be the return of our parents' group who were away with work.

Goblin Elder who was watching us practice stopped my attack stance for now, and separated us.

Oh I see, so they weren't enemies. I realized that I must go greet them properly.

"I better go greet them then".

Although hidden in the shadows of the Goblins who, obviously being underlings, were carrying large backpacks—in all likelihood the fruits of the raid this time—were the figures of five young women who had their hands and feet bound and their mouths gagged to prevent them from becoming violent, being carried by several similar underling-looking Goblins.

Judging from their clothes four were ordinary people, and the last one who was wearing leather armor was probably something like an adventurer.

Only the girl who looked like an adventurer had slight visible traces of having been hit in the face, and their clothes didn't seem to be in disorder so they probably hadn't been raped yet.

Though, it's only a matter of time. We could no longer see the shape of the Goblin Elder, who was covering his nether regions which were revoltingly swelling with a worn-out loin cloth, and the Hobgoblin who was talking to the Goblin elder.

Anybody could tell what they were talking about, even if they didn't want to.

I don't have the slightest hesitations about killing and eating others, however forcing others is not a thing that I like. Of course I understand the instinct of living creatures to leave offspring, but to decide if its right or wrong, such things are a very different matter.

I've also, when going to dangerous places for work, had sex with female co-workers to relieve the stress, but in those situations there was mutual consent.

Being forced like this makes me sick. The cute ones should be loved... right?

For weak Goblins that oppose humans, numbers are necessary. After a strenuous military campaign if the numbers have been reduced considerably, the ranks will need to be filled back up.

Still, like I care about that! It's not like I'm going to change the way I think in the short amount of time since I've been reincarnated.

With things this way, I decided to help them.

Is that hypocrisy? Yes, but it is no problem because it's even more hypocritical to do nothing.

The Hobgoblin leader was talking to the Goblin elder when I asked him to leave the women to me.

I don't know why, but the Goblin elder looked at me with a weird face which I ignored.

The Hobgoblin Leader made a face as if saying "what are you talking about!?", but nevertheless I repeated the request.

It is important to discuss everything first. No matter how much you dislike the opposition, you should start by discussing your problems. Any hostility should be put aside if possible. I tried to persuade him patiently but the Hobgoblin Leader wasn't willing to listen. That wasn't all, he started to become irritated at me who kept obstinately asking.