Day 41

As the early morning sun rose, I went out alone, searching for prey that I have never eaten before in places that I have not yet visited—I was walking in the blank area of my mental map that I decided to call the [Unexplored Zone].

The opportunities to take charge of the morning training have been getting fewer, and it has reached to the point where Gobukichi can take over when I'm not present.

In other words, I now have free time in the mornings.

Having no one to spar with, the amount of free time I have is fairly large.

Though it would be problematic if something were to happen, like someone getting hurt for instance. For the time being, I had thought of a good alternative by spending time doing basic training, making sleeping bags or working on the unfinished clothes and armor.

Unfortunately, both the clothes and armor as well as the sleeping bags made of shells have already been distributed, so my ingenious plan was now gone.

Which led me to decide that, for now, finding new abilities would be a worthwhile endeavor.

The first prey for today was a 2 meter-class Argiope with a distinctive carapace which had an enchanting, golden color.

Making a rustling sound when moving, the spider was capable of quick movement and the thread it shot out recklessly was both strong and abundant in volume. Its golden carapace was so much tougher that it couldn't be compared to that of the Demon Spider.

I was struggling with those three threads, but I retaliated with threads of my own, burned it with my fire and finally succeeded in bringing it down by piercing through the Argiope's carapace with my silver arm.

When the spider finally died, I stripped the expensive looking carapace since it could be used for trading and crafting, then ate the rest.

I found and ate 8 of these guys in total.

Ability learned: [Golden Thread Creation]

Ability learned: [Adamant Spider's Carapace]

As a result, the abilities that I learned increased my personal defense and the strength of my threads.

This ability makes extremely beautiful threads—and the ability's name, does it refer to the golden color or that the thread itself is real gold?

It's quite flashy—so I thought that I could give Gobumi and Redhead a present using this.

Still, I doubt that making golden clothes with this thread would be in good taste, so it's probably better if I make some ethnic accessories like the ones I made Gobumi earlier.

My next prey was a Four-Eyed and Four-Eared Red Deer, sporting a pair of antlers that looked like they were made of Rose Quartz.

It appears that the Red Deer had a wild temperament. The two sharp and beautiful antlers sat on its head, thrusting into the trees in its way, shredding them like a drill, but I pinned its head down using the indestructible silver arm and injected it with poison from my fingertips.

The Red Deer began foaming at its mouth and died within four seconds.

Apart from the antlers that looked like they would sell at a high price because of their beauty, the rest of its fine pelt, that showed no obvious damage, seemed like it would be useful, so I quickly skinned it and threw it together with the antlers into my [Item Box], after that I ate its flesh.

Unfortunately, I could not secure any abilities, but after eating two or three there was something of a reaction not unlike learning a new skill, because I was able to strengthen my body, so let's say it turned out okay.