Day 39

After concluding the morning practice, and after thinking about what to do with the large amount of items we've obtained, because I judged that to fully equip them would only lead to complacency, I decided to only give magical items to the ten Hobgoblins–weapon and armor, and also stuff like magical rings to be versatile–and gave each Goblin a max of two items.

And the equipment the Hobgoblins previously used was passed down to those of a lower rank.

In the end, the worst equipped member was using shell reinforced shield, leather armor and a short sword.

Since they have been practicing daily, the group of Goblins had reached an unfathomable high level. Additionally both the quality and quantity of the equipment had increased, even if they don't do a surprise attack with poisoned arrows and attacked enemies from the front, fighting against mid-level adventurers would still have a high chance of winning, according to Gobu-jii.

Well, I don't know if it's because of their competition for strength, but if the slightly lower rank Goblins attack in a swarm then the adventurers would probably lose.

In my eyes, this group is without question currently the strongest army corps.

In the afternoon I went out with all Hobgoblins which numbered 10 in total, along with Redhead since she desperately wanted to join us, in order to hunt the previously mentioned Hind Bears.

By the way, my current main weapon is something I found in Velvet's Treasure Room, a vermilion long spear named [Starving Impaler of A Thousand Thorn (Kazikli Bey)]. [T/N: It's the same spear he is holding on the Alphapolis Banner. The one that looks something used by a Ritual Monk. Kazikli Bey is Vlad the Impaler's Turkish nickname, the Vampire Dracula was based on him.]

My armor is a long coat-type hard leather armor made from the Red Bear's hide and the shells of Demon Spiders, and I am also wearing a pair of flexible red leather pants.

Usually on my flesh and blood right arm I have a black metal bracelet, however I'd quickly changed it to this sturdy hand protector that manifests its ability according to the intent of the wearer to increase physical strength –among other things– named [Fury of the Haughty King (Beowulf)].

The spear and the bracelet and the silver arm; all three are [Legendary] Class [Artifact]s.

Yes, it might be late to start now, but I'll briefly explain about [Artifact]s.

[Artifact] is a word that inevitably appears when discussing items gotten from the few dungeons around the world termed [Ancient Dungeons] that are extremely dangerous yet unique places.

From what I can tell from viewing the item data of [Artifact]s, there's an obvious difference in performance when compared to current magic items.

Even for disposable potions, their effects can be more than two to three times as potent.

An [Artifact] Class health potion heals 60 hit points, while the commonly made version of health potions restore 25 hit points.

Something along those lines.

Blacksmith told me that it's a system that distinguishes superior quality items from the same Rank.

Next I'll talk about [Legendary] class items among other things.

This is something that shows an items rank.

Items are categorized accordingly into 7 ranks, starting from the weakest it's [Inferior], [Normal], [Rare], [Unique], [Ancient], [Legendary] and [Phantasmal].

For example, the long sword with a nick in its blade that I got from the Kobold, and the shell encased gigantic club that Gobukichi used before, are both the lowest class of items, [Inferior], whilst the magic staff that Kobold Mage used, using this system would be ranked as a [Normal] Class.

The weapons that the adventurers we killed in Velvet's dungeon used were mostly [Unique] Class, with a few [Ancient] Class weapons mixed in.

In short, even for a high level adventurer party, getting [Ancient], [Legendary] or [Phantasmal] Class items is quite rare.

If I say that a small country's treasury probably doesn't have items above [Unique] Class, does that make it easier to imagine how rare the higher class items are?

Or perhaps I should say, to begin with, [Ancient] Class magic items are mostly all at least [Artifact] level.

That's why people are so desperate to dive into these old ruins.

I digress, but apparently when ancient dungeons are surrounded by castle walls, labyrinth towns can pop up around them, and so on. It sounds fun, so I might try diving into one of these sometime.

The fact that my red spear, bracelet and silver arm are all [Legendary] Class items is proof of how powerful Velvet was when he was alive.

Because the act of finding even one legendary item is enough to shake countries, I cannot help but think that he was truly someone worth respecting.

As to obtaining the highest class of [Phantasmal] Class items, it's unimaginable so I let the matter drop.

I have far too little information on that subject, so I don't really know.

Getting back to the original topic, the Hind Bear hunt was completed without a hitch..

The Hind Bears are certainly strong, however now that we were equipped with magic weapons and were capable of group tactics, the Hind Bears are certainly formidable enemies but not something that will stop us.

The bracelet, red spear and silver arms abilities were beyond cheating, without even having to use my abilities, to stand in the front exchanging blows and killing were mainly the reasons, but my presence this time is in the end supposed to be nothing more than support.

That's why I equipped Gobukichi, Gobumi and the rest with high quality magical items, and to exercise the strength of the Hobgoblins is the main reason for today's hunt.

This time the main purpose of the hunt is to raise the level of the participants.

Yeah, bear stew is incredibly tasty!

By the way, because of the recent problems, I want to drink more booze so much that I can't stand it. Booze...I want some Booze...