Day 18

After finishing morning practice the three of us came upon some Kobolds while out hunting.

This time there were three of them, two of which were equipped like the earlier one with armor and long-swords, the last one had a short bow and a quiver.

While thinking "Is this the second day in a row to strengthen Gobumi?", I checked the surroundings for additional enemies, in order to make a decision.

With it being all clear, I chose to commence the assault.

With the Kobold that could attack from range with the bow and arrows being a higher threat level compared to the others, a sneak attack with a poisoned stone from Gobumi's staff sling was the decisive action.

With the poisoned stone hitting the Kobold right in the eye, we stole away the bow wielding Kobolds usual composure and vision.

Not wanting to waste the time the other Kobolds were in a panic Gobukichi and I moved to utterly defeat the two Kobolds who possessed longsword that looked slightly better than the one we got earlier.

My longsword might be worn-out, but for my current body it's just the right size. I've also gotten used to my body, so separating the Kobolds head from his body was easy.

Right now, the horn I used earlier is more like a knife now, which might have made me feel the difference all the more.

Gobukichi broke all his opponent's bones violently, which was kind of gross to look at.

Gobumi, with the pseudo-knife I gave her earlier made of obsidian-like stone, slit the bow wielding Kobold's throat and gave it a finishing blow.

Apparently, Gobumi's evolution direction lay in brains and speed.

To use weapons cleverly, intelligence was needed after all.

After that, we worked hard at disassembling the body. We collected the armor, Gobumi got the short bow and quiver, and I took the slightly better looking long swords for myself.

Because there was no suitable loot for Gobukichi he will have to wait for the next time.

While these Kobolds sadly didn't have any fire spirit stones, my collection of small bags increased by three.

One I kept for my own use, and the other two I gave to the other Goblins for putting medicinal plants in it. Now, if something were to happen, I'm sure they will be of great use.

Each Goblin got one body to eat.

I didn't get any new abilities. I felt that with just a bit more I'd gain something new and the ability that I already had, [Predict], got slightly stronger. [Predict] lets me see my opponents attack trajectories as red threads, so in battle it can be incredibly convenient. After that we hunted whatever we came across, after which we returned to the cave in order to sleep.