Day 17

I woke up early and went to the interior of the cave. The captured women were all dead. They all laid still, as if they were asleep. From the look of things, the girls had drank poison and died in their sleep. Where they got that poison is, however, a mystery. Truly, a mystery.

After taking the small empty bottle that was laid close to them and storing it inside the bag hanging from my waist, being the one who discovered them, I went to report to Gobu-jii.

Gobu-jii hurriedly rushed over, and in front of the limp pseudo-Goblin that had spilled from the beautiful girl's womb, he cried bitterly whilst grieving however, I couldn't care less.

For the girl's corpses, I took responsibility for their disposal, and because it was a pity to just let wild animals feed on them, I decided to cremate them. As payment for my labor, I took a heart, stomach, breast, and uterus.

Since the [Pyrokinesis] ability I got the other day wasn't enough, I thought about what I usually do, so I collected a bunch of [Oily Grass] to make it burn well and a bunch of twigs were used to ensure the heat was enough.

After using my [Pyrokinesis] to ignite the fire, I prayed for the girl's happiness in the next world whilst looking at the pillar of blazing flame.

Namu Amida Butsu. (Buddhist prayer)

Among the girls, there seemed to be those with adventurer skills. Quite a lot of them of actually.

This group of migrant workers was perhaps unexpectedly strong. They might only have looked weak because they were captured.

Ability [Human Language] learned.

Ability [Continental Letter Deciphering] learned.

Ability [Mental Mapping] learned. 

Ability [Job-Magician] learned. 

Ability [Job-Light Swordsman] learned.

Ability [Job-Druid] learned.  

Ability [Job-Craftsman] learned.

It's unusual for me, but I didn't feel the slightest inclination to learn about my new abilities.

After morning practice, I sent out Gobukichi and Gobumi to go hunting since I wasn't in the mood, I tried making shell-based shields, armors, and swords from the materials accumulated to this day.

Lately, crafting has become somewhat of a hobby of mine...

Ah, it seems my new skill [Job-Craftsman] became useful immediately.

The goods I crafted came out a lot better than before. The ability, like its name implied, corrected the mistakes.

Speaking of which, the shield and armor came out successfully, the shell-based sword ended up in failure.

As for my meal, Gobukichi and Gobumi shared a part of what they hunted, together with the tribute that had increased since yesterday.

Ah, this might be a bit late, but Gobumi had also turned into a Hobgoblin today.

She has became quite cute, it was intimidating.

The difference from when she was a Goblin is remarkable.

Because her old equipment is now too small for her, I lent her my spares.

She made a subtle expression, happy while unsatisfied, so I decided to make her brand new equipment at a later date. Truth is, I would have happily made it today, but there wasn't enough time.