Day 20

The morning was spent on combat practice. Compared to when we started, the expressions of the goblins had changed. Yeah, because goblins mature quickly, startling changes can be seen even in a short time, if training is done in earnest. This might be because, if they don't quickly adapt to their surroundings, they'll simply die.

In the afternoon, we hunted. We caught 10 Night Vipers, 14 Armored Tanuki's, and 5 Kobolds. This is probably because our equipment had rapidly become a lot better. Or perhaps I should say, the deadly combination of Gobumi's powerful and accurate shots with the crossbow together with the rapid firing of the short bow was brutal. Because Gobukichi and I acted as her shield, it became even more brutal. To bring the battle to an end, Gobukichi used his high defense and his battle axe to decapitate the remainder.

Together with my abundant abilities that I used to continuously vary my attack pattern and the direction of the battle, opponents like Kobolds didn't pose the slightest threat for us. Perhaps with how things stood right now, even if the Kobolds turned up with twice our numbers we probably wouldn't have any problems.

What I truly wanted to eat was Orcs though. This was in order to strengthen the ability I got from the Orc earlier; after that one time, we hadn't seen even one Orc. I quickly wanted to find more Orcs; however, today I went back ahead of time to the cave in order to read books.

Well, having the ability [Job-Magician] is nice and all, and my magic power being increased by my subspecies was also nice, but because I had no idea what magic was, I couldn't actually use any magic. That's why, in this way I was reading "Introduction to Magic – Basic Sorcery" until morning came up the day after.

You might say I had a surprisingly difficult time getting a grasp of it, which made it a rough trial. Or rather, I feel there's a limit to how much I can understand just from reading books.

And what's more, I started from the second volume of three!

If only I could see someone use magic one time! Time, without listening to my screams, steadily moved forward.