Normal again?

Two long months have passed since the accident that cost his two best friends their lives. The same day as he got his friends killed, his parents found out about his ghostly secret which has been perfectly safe for a whole 2 years.

Danny's parents, Jack and Maddie Fenton weren't the same since the day. They both started treating Danny as something peculiar and not worth their attention or love. This made Danny feel unwanted.

The first month has been very hard for Danny. The young ghost boy has been locked inside of his house, not allowed to do anything, not even go to school. Normally Danny wouldn't mind but this time he really wanted to go back to school. Just then he realized that there were no people left in his school that knew about his secret life of being a hero. People who would cover his back during classes when he was out saving the city. There were no Sam and Tucker and he knew that there won't be anyone to take their place ever again.

For the whole month Jack or Maddie brought him homework once a week so he wouldn't stay behind but it was impossible. Danny has been having problems with his grades for a longer time now and he was going to school. Now when he's at home alone most of the time, he doesn't even understand what those teachers want from him. After two weeks Danny decided to let it be, and he accepted that he won't be a genius.

The second month got slightly better. He was allowed to go back to school, but he was forced to wear a special invention to turn down his powers. It was a new invention his parents designed and built just for Danny. The design was simple, just a small black bracelet with a green stripe. He couldn't take it off without a special key that was securely stock in a safe. The ghost boy didn't even have the energy to try to crack the password, he thought if his parents wanted it like this, it should be their way.

When Danny met his parents in the hallways of their  house, they didn't greet him like a normal family would. Maybe normally for the Fenton family. His father used to call him Danny-boy which he found annoying but now he missed it. During dinner they were all silent, not wanting to talk to Danny if it wasn't ultimately necessary. They weren't avoiding him; it seemed more like they were being constantly watching him or stalking.

"Danny-boy, we found a way to take away your powers!" Jack exclaimed excited during one dinner. It seemed that Jack has forgotten the past events and the fact that his son was a half ghost. It almost seemed like he wanted to talk to Danny like normally but he was forced to keep up the facade.

The young halfa slowly looked at his father, his blue eyes lacking emotions. His mother has been quiet the whole time and his sister Jazz gave him pitiful look. Jazz told him once that she wanted to spend time with Danny but their parents told her not to. Hey said that it was for her own safety.

"What Jack is trying to say is that we found a way to separate your human half from your ghost half. Right after they will be separated we will tear the ghost molecule by molecule." She finished for her over excited husband. Her expression softened, and she looked sadly at Danny.

"We can be a family again, a family we used to be." Maddie whispered to Danny, her eyes filling with hot and salty tears. Danny couldn't say if it was from joy of being together again or from sadness and the fact that he was a half ghost and half human.

This was the most emotions showed towards him during the whole two months. Danny was happy that his parents were talking to him normally like that used to be but he had doubts about the plan to 'cure' him.