Spilled secrets

Hi guys, it been a while. Just wanted to thank you all again for sticking with my book.
Also I felt everything while writing this chapter. I was angry, I cried and I also cheered. Hope my readers will experience the same.

~~~~~~~~

The vigilante trio didn't dare to leave the cave with Dick being injured. Their sudden departure for their mission was suspicious enough. Three days has passed since his abdominal injury and the oldest son was able to walk on his own again. While staying in the cave also during the day, Bruce and the rest of his family were able to complete all their work and solve some cases.

Jason paid them a visit few times per day to inform them about the situation on the surface, in the manor. Danny hasn't left his room since the accident with the separation and Jason was having problems with getting some food into the boy. The halfa blocked out the outside world, sulking on his own.

"Why the fates hate me so much." Danny shouted and banged his head against his table for the millionth time today.

"You are a ghost, everybody hates ghosts." Dan said, his voice full of silent fury. The human and the ghost side talked together more often now but not in the best way. They mostly talked whether to join the leagues or not. Danny loved his family but he was also fed up with them. Jason told him about their arrival three days ago and why they stayed in the cave for so long. Not to make it suspicious.

"Do you think they will ever trust me enough with their secret?" Danny asked, looking directly at the drawing of Dan he finished few hours ago. He felt little less crazy when he was talking to something visible and tangible, even though it was only a drawing.

"Why would they? They took you in only because of Jason. Without him, I would roam freely now." Dan grunted and then, deafening silence fell upon the two of them.

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say I've lost my mind"

It first came out as a light humming but it evolved into a song. This song stuck to Danny and he now used it to calm himself down. The soft melody always quieted down his loud thoughts and sometimes even the big bad Dan. He heard Jason walking by his door and then stopping few times, but he didn't care if Jason heard him sing. These days, the halfa found nearly everything pointless and boring.

"I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make"

"That was beautiful." A male's voice echoed around his room. Danny slowly moved his gaze from the drawing to the newcomer who could be identified as his stepfather. Bruce was now standing in the doorway, looking at the newest addition to the family.

"What's that?" The man asked when he didn't get a reaction to his compliment from the boy. He couldn't make out what the picture was from his spot because Danny's hands were covering the most of it. The only visible part was something looking like a fire.

"Phantom." Danny deadpanned and moved his hands away.

"Why did you draw him?" Bruce asked slowly, eying the boy for any reaction. He knew that the killing beast killed Danny's parents but nobody would want to see the killer of your family.

"I needed someone to talk to..." Danny trailed off and his father was starting to get worried.

"You could talk to Jason or Alfred, they weren't far away."