one

the tall gates stood in front of him. swirls of breath left his lips. was he ready for this? he had no choice.

"i'm lee felix. i'm new"
the warm smile from the women sat at the desk was enough to calm his racing heart slightly. only slightly.

"ah yes here is your timetable and some other paper you'll need. i hope that you enjoy your time here" a sickly sweet smile was now plastered on her face and felix now realised how uninviting it looked. he balanced the paper and other books in his hands as he made his way to down the corridor.

keep your eyes down. don't look at anyone. felix was repeating in his head. he didn't want any extra attention drawn to him. that's what leads to the bullying. he shuddered at the thought. if you get through the day then jeongin and the rink will be waiting for you. you see the only thing that kept felix going was the cold air and smooth ice of the skating rink, but apparently it was too feminine for him. well that's what the others said.

room 268 was now in front of him. he sucked in a deep breath and pushed the door. laughter filled his ear immediately as he slipped in unnoticed. the back left corner was where the chose to sit, far away from any eyes.

the lesson passed quickly but he was struggling to understand everything the teacher was saying. that's what he gets for not keeping up with korean practice. maybe he should work on that.

"felix would you come here for a moment" he was rudely pulled from his thoughts. all eyes turned to the back and settled on his face.

the walk to the front seemed to take hours.

"introduce yourself" she stepped back to let him speak.

"i'm lee felix, i'm originally from australia but moved here 2 years ago" he bowed and returned to his chair.

the rest of the day continued like this leaving felix on his own when it came to breaks. it wasn't a bad thing to him though. no friends no chance of being screwed over and boy did felix know what it was like to be screwed over.

10 minutes 10 minutes till blades would touch ice leaving their thin trail. the thought made a smile appear. the only true love he had was for skating.

bring bring

he shot up and sped out the door not wanting to waste a second. jeongin would already be there waiting for him. lucky.

because he was walking so fast felix wasn't paying attention to where he was going and walked straight into a tall guy with black hair. eye contact was make for the first time today for the australian. breath speed up. heart rate increased. stay calm lee felix. stay calm. the boy just gave a dirty look and walked off.

———————————-

the rink was welcoming and the cold air made him feel at home. he was currently working on his single lutz, a toepick assisted jump with an entrance from a back outside edge and landing on the back outside edge of the opposite foot. this along with the axel those where the last two jumps he needed to complete before he could perform all the single jumps.

as soon as his blades touch the ice he knows that he is truly home. the feeling of gliding over smooth ice was something that he would never get bored of. the air pushing his hair back. he was alive. he did a small warm up of a few salchows and back scratch spins.

"lutz" the sharp voice of jeongin cut through the air.

"hey loop" felix replied.

you see felix and jeongin had a habit for nicknaming each other after the jumps they were practicing. felix liked lutz as it was elegant sounding.

"go let me see"

a strong entrance as normal. pick planted firmly into the ice. single revelation completed. landing however not so good. felix's knee buckled under the impact of the landing leaving him lying on the floor. he stayed there for a few moments.

"you need more leg strength it will help to land and you should take it from me i'm the expert here" his laugh gave felix the strength he need to continue trying.

"come to the gym with me later"

"fine i'll catch up with you later" with that jeongin skates off, but not before doing a double lutz. felix rolled his eyes at his friend he always rubbed it in. he couldn't wait until the day he was able to perform an element jeongin couldn't.

—————————————-

N A

so the reason felix skates is being i do and i love it so much and want to convey my emotions towards it.

i was listening to nct while writing this.

also i don't know how often i will be updating this but i do have a few other chapters already writing so hopeful not to long.