two

4:58
4:59
5:00
beep beep beep

a groan filled the room.

"ah it's too early" felix shouted into his pillow.

his limbs still ached from yesterday gym session, but he finally managed to drag himself out of bed. let's just say morning practice isn't his favourite.

the cool rink air was enough to wake him up. it was like his morning coffee. the ice was empty. perfect felix thought. he had spend all evening work on his jump off ice and finally felt ready.

"today is the day" he muttered under his breath.

leg extension. pick inserted. enough hight. landing and hold.

"jeongin" he screamed.

now this was serious felix and jeongin are very careful to stick to their nicknames ever since they first meet. so to hear one calling the other their real name usually meant something serious was happening.

jeongin has just brought his coffee and was slowly sipping on it when he heard the shout. without a second thought he dropped the cup and dashed toward the ice as fast as possible (and let me tell you it's hard to run in skates). he reached the ice and jumped on gliding quickly. as he was nearing the boy he saw felix standing. huh.

"gosh lix i thought you broke your leg or something. don't scare me like that again"

"sorry, but i landed it"

"landed what?"

"the lutz obviously"

the anger jeongin felt moments ago was soon forgotten as pride for his best friend overcame him.

"let me see. let me see" he was now jumping.

felix repeated the jump only stumbling a little at the end but staying upright never the less.

"ahhh lix i could kiss you. i'm so proud" the smile that was in jeongin face was something felix would remember forever. he may tease the other from time to time but he know jeongin cared for him deeply.

"go show coach"

——————————

the one thing felix has forgotten about morning practice was that he had no time to return home, meaning he was now carrying his skating bag with him all day. someone was bound to notice and it was only a matter of time before the bullying started again.

room 268 was in view again. felix headed to the back and sat down. he was only a few minutes early so wasn't expecting anyone else to come in. unfortunately that thought was shattered when the door creaked open. a black haired boy made his way towards felix. his first thought was that it was the guy from yesterday come to get him back.

"umm hi you're in my seat"

"what a weird shape bag you have"

the boy was reaching towards felix's skating bag.

"don't" felix's reply was harsh. his eyes darted awkwardly around the room.

"but yeah my seat"

without saying anymore felix stood and began walking away.

"oh no you don't have to go away, you can sit next to me"

he took the seat clutching his bag tightly, he wasn't go to let anyone know this time.

"i guess your new. i'm minho"

"felix"

"you can sit with us at lunch and i'll introduce you to my friends"

the rest of the lesson passed with no more words spoken.

"i'll meet you here at break" minho added as felix was heading out the door. he gave a small smile and was off. he wasn't sure about having friends but then again it's better then sitting on his own. an impact was then felt in his shoulder sending him stumbling a bit.

"making this a habit are we pretty boy"

felix was meet with a boy a good few inches taller then him. his breath caught in his throat. my life is over.

"changbin this is the rat that walked into me yesterday"

"aww what a cutie" the guy changbin spoke down at felix.

his eyes were glued to the floor. the feeling of dread was slowly engulfing his body. something he know all to well.

"leave him along changbin"

"and why should i listen to you. minho"

"come on changbin he's not worth it"

changbin scoffed and turned away, being followed closely be two other guys.

"what even was that?"

"seo changbin, han jisung and kim woojin"

——————————————

N A
i was listening to the jack maate podcast while writing this.