three

"so got any friends yet lutz?"

"how many times it's axel now"

"sorry sorry it's hard to get used to the new name especially when it took you so long"

felix playfully pushed jeongin away from him.

"wow that was rude"

"but seriously how's school"

"it's okay i spoke to a few people yesterday so i guess i have friends. not that i care about that though"

"lix you can't be scared of people forever. i know what happened to you was terrible but you need more confidence that not every person you meet is going to hurt you"

"i know i know but it's just hard"

"i'll be here for you"

felix was so grateful to have jeongin in his life, he didn't know what he would do without him.

"i love you jeongin you know that right"

"ahh stop you'll make you blush" jeongin was grinning as felix's smiling widely. "your so cute felix"

"jeongin felix these jumps aren't going to perfect themselves"

"yes coach" they both replied in sync.

————————————

the gym was quite at this time, which felix was thankful for. he was a very self conscious person. he began his normal workout routine plugging his headphones in. take me down~the rose started playing. (N/A everyone go listen to the rose they are amazing). felix was so engrossed in the music he didn't notice that figure that we stood behind him.

"hey pretty boy" the person said yanking felix's headphones out.

seo changbin.

eyes meet each other. felix's breath got caught in his throat. fearing what was going to happen.

"lu-axel" the sweet voice of jeongin cut through the air.

"sorry i'm late i got he- oh hi" jeongin's eyes drifting towards changbin.

"you didn't tell you were meeting anyone. anyway that's irrelevant i'm jeongin felix's best friend so don't think you'll be replacing me anytime soon" he was speaking to fast for felix to get a word in edge ways.

"we're not friends i don't even know him" felix mumbled looking down at the floor.

"awww don't say that pretty boy" changbin reached towards felix's face lightly brushing his hair out the way.

"see he doesn't even know my name"

"yeah i do it's felix"

"that's doesn't count"

jeongin was shifting awkwardly from one foot to another.

"yeah i'm going to go do see you later" jeongin began walking away as he was no good in awkward conversation.

"one question what the hell is a axel?"

—————————
and this is how felix ended up lying on his back in the middle of the ice. it's was one of jeongin quote on quote great ideas. he had began to skate on the right back outside edge with his left leg extended. his toe pick was planted firmly in the ice and used his arms to lunch into the air. all was going well the toe loop was one of the simplest jump normally learnt after the salchow. he had performed this many times but the pressures of changbin watching get the better of him. his pick caught the ice as he landed causing him the stumble forward.

the cold seeped through the thin jumper felix was wearing as he continued to lay on the ground.

"i'm sure he's fine" jeongin said in a low voice.

"aren't you lix" he shouted across the rink.

"lix?" his voice now came out shaky.

changbin and jeongin shared a look when felix didn't reply. they both jumped up and ran to the entrance. seeing as though changbin didn't have skates on he stayed at the door. jeongin on the other hand has never skated faster in his life, the fear of the older boy being hurt welled up inside him. felix let a few tears leak from his eyes and drop into the already wet ice.

"shhh it's okay felix" ah the real names again which made felix feel worst about his life "i'm sure that guy didn't even notice"

"yeah i did actually" changbin shouted over to the other boys.

jeongin pulled felix into a hug and felix buried his face into the younger boys chest squeezing his eyes shut.