prologue

All my life I have known one thing. I want Edmund Pevensie in my life forever. I need him in my life.

I can't remember a time where Edmund wasn't in my life. We've been practically glued to each other since the day we met when we were just babies without a care in the world.

Our mothers, Maria and Helen, have been best friends since high school so naturally when they both got pregnant at around the same time they made it their to duty to insure that their babies become best friends as well. And they did.

Edmund has helped me through everything. When my father died he was there. He was my shoulder to cry. He was the one who helped pick up the pieces as it felt like my life fell apart. He is the one who has never once given up on me.

He is everything to me.

...

My family and Edmund's family were having our weekly dinner at the Pevensie's when everything went down.

We had just finished eating when sirens suddenly began to sound. My mother, Helen, Peter, and Theo all began to run around gathering up us kids and taking us out to the shelter in their backyard.

As I was making my way out the door I noticed Edmund looking out the window watching the planes go by in awe.

"Edmund!" I yelled as I ran to him and grabbed his hand. "Come on!" He gripped my hand tightly as we ran outside. Suddenly I felt Edmund release my hand and run back inside.

"Edmund what are you doing!" I screamed as my eyes filled with tears.

"Nell!" mom yelled as she grabbed my hand and started pulling me into the shetler.

"NO! No! I have to go get him!" I struggled against her grip but it was no use. I began to cry into my mothers shirt as I clung to it along with my little 7 year old sister Penny.

"Shh, it's okay. Everything will be okay." Mother whispered as she stroked my hair.

"Peter, Edmund come on!" I heard Helen yell causing me to look up from my mothers shirt. Sure enough Peter and Edmund came running into the shelter and Peter slammed the door shut behind him.

I glance at Edmund to see a broken picture frame in his hand. It was his father.

"Why can't you think about anyone but yourself! You're so selfish! You could have got us killed!" Peter yelled at Ed as he laid on the floor loosely holding the frame.

"Stop it!" Helen yelled as she noticed Edmund began to cry.

I immediately threw myself onto Edmund pulling him into a tight hug.

"Why can't you just do as you're told." Peter said as he then took a seat next to my brother Theo.

I felt Edmund's body tremble against mine as we both cried.

"Please don't ever do something like that again." I cried. "I can't lose you." I whisper as I choked on a sob.

"I-I just wanted to save dad." He whispered back as he silently sobbed. I understood where he was coming from. He just wanted to have something to remind him of his father while he is away fighting in the war.

That night we all sat around praying for us to be safe. While everyone huddled in the middle of the shelter, Edmund and I were off to the side laying down as we held onto each other like our live depended on it.

And eventually we gradually fell asleep with tears still slipping from our eyes.

...

not edited <3