thirty four

That night Edmund and I both changed before falling onto our bed.

"I hurt everywhere." I said as we laid side by side. Ed laughed quietly.

"Me too." He turned so he now rested on his side. He placed his hand on his head that way it was supported while he looked at me.

"I really missed sleeping in the same bed as you." Edmund said as he ran his fingers over my arm.

"Me too." I said as I too began to gently drag my fingers a long his arm. "The nightmares I got when I was without you were horrible."

He gave me a concerned look. "How bad?"

I look down at his arm. "Very, very bad." He brought his hand up to my cheek, stroking it gently.

"Will you tell me what they were about?" He asked.

I took a deep breath. "I would dream that I was running around a castle trying to find you, b-but I couldn't do it. A-And then I would see her waiting for me, a-and then when I would try to walk away I would trip over y-your dead body." My hands began to tremble as tears began to form. "She would tell me how I did such a great job and then w-when I would look down at my hands- they were covered in blood. Y-Your blood. S-She made me do it." Tears then slipped out of my eyes and Edmund pulled me into his chest.

"Oh baby." He whispered as he rubbed my back. I began to quietly cry into his chest, staining his white shirt with my tears.

"I-It was horrible being without you." I cried.

He kissed my temple. "I know, baby, I know." He leaned over and pressed a kiss on my exposed neck, sending shivers down my spine as my tears slowly stopped.

I then pulled away enough to see Edmund's face before pressing my lips to him.

He squeezed my waist with hips as his lips melted with mine. I rested my hands on his chest, tugging on the strings of his shirt while he deepened the kiss.

After a few minutes we pulled away to catch our breath. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you." I whispered softly as my forehead rested against his. "I-I don't think I'd survive."

Edmund rubbed circles on my hip. "Hey, you're not gonna lose me alright? I'll never leave you." He said looking into my eyes before connecting our lips again.

...

Over the next few days we continued on our journey. Lucy spent most of her time sewing her tunic to better fit her body, Penny spent her time with Reepicheep since she loved the little mouse, and Edmund spent most of his time trying to clean the other Narnian sword he was given.

I was currently sitting on the balcony of our room reading a book I had found in Lucy and Penny's room.

It was a book about The Golden Age. I smiled as they talked about all the different things that happened during our Reign.

In the book there was a whole section dedicated to Ed and I. They explained our bond and how Ed and I were inseparable during our times here.

"What are you reading?" Edmund said suddenly causing me to jump out of my skin.

I placed a hand on my heart as Edmund laughed at me. "Jeez Ed!" I laughed.

"Sorry." He continued to laugh for a bit before picking up my book since I had dropped it. "Is this about The Golden Age?" He asked looking up at me.

I nodded with a smile. "There's a whole section about us." He smiled at me before opening the book.

"Where is it at?" He questioned as he flipped through all the pages.