nine

That night I slept with Edmund again, that is until we were awoken by a lady made of leaves.

"Fear not your majesties. I bring grave news from your sisters." She said and began to tell us that Aslan had died on the Stone Table in place of Edmund and I.

I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming amount of guilt. Edmund squeezed my hand when he noticed.

Peter went into Aslan's tent while Theo, Edmund, and I stood around a small table with a map of Narnia on it.

"They're right. He's gone." Peter said sadly.

"Then you have to lead us." Theo said. "There's a whole army out there waiting to follow you."

"I can't." Peter shook his head.

"Aslan believed you could." Edmund said. "And so do I."

Oreius came into view. "What are your orders, sir?" Peter then looked down at the map before telling him the plan.

...

Edmund and I stood side by side covered in armor in order to keep us safe during battle. I felt incredibly nervous as I looked down at Peter and Theo who sat in order of the army on two horses.

I hoped Penny, Lucy, and Susan were okay since they hadn't come back after seeing Aslan die last night.

Edmund hooked his pinky with mine while keeping his head forward. I looked out towards the field to see a huge amount of people coming towards us, being led by the one and only Jadis.

"They have more people then us." I told Edmund with a nervous tone. He held my pinky tighter and met my gaze.

"Hey," He began. "We'll be okay. I'll keep you safe." He smiled gently before turning his head back to the field.

"For Narnia! And for Aslan!" Peter's voice echoed throughout as they all rushed forward towards Jadis and her army.

After a little while Peter began to draw back in order to bring them to us.

"That's the signal!" Mr. Beaver yelled and everyone ran down to where they will be coming. Edmund stays by my side through everything as we begin to try and fight off her army.

At some point a large Minotaur came towards me and nearly stabbed my arm. I quickly drew my sword and blocked his attacks but it soon became incredibly difficult.

"Hey ugly!" I hear Edmund yell from behind the creature. Edmund then ran forward and stabbed the large beast right in the heart.

My eyes widened. "T-Thanks." I said out of breath.

He smiled. "I told you I'd keep you safe."

Our smiles quickly faded as we looked around and saw that we were losing immensely.

"Ed! Nell!" Theo yelled as he fought off a Minotaur. "There are too many of them! Go! Get out of here! Get the girls, and get them home!"

Mr. Beaver then grabbed our hand and pulled us away from the battle.

After looking back I realized I couldn't just leave Theo and Peter. I then pulled my hand from Mr. Beavers.

"Nellie!" Edmund yelled as I began to run away. "What are you doing? Theo said to leave!"

I turned back and met Edmund's gaze.

"Theo's not King yet!" I said and then ran toward Jadis. I drew my sword and swung at her. She was quick however and blocked my attack. She then stuck out her wand so I took that opportunity and stabbed the wand. I watched in awe as blue light came from the now broken wand as my sword went through it.