twenty seven

Later in the day Aslan called everyone into the courtyard that looked out into the beautiful mountains.

I noticed Theo acting strange so I went to stand by him. I gently grabbed his hand as Aslan spoke to the Telmarines.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He looked down at me and gave me a sad smile. "I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me, if anything I should be worrying about you." He tightened his grip on my hand.

"How do we know he is not sending us to our deaths!" I heard a Telmarine yell causing me to turn my attention back to Aslan.

Reepicheep drew his sword and walked forward. "Sir I will send a few of my own men if need be."

Aslan looked towards us.

"We'll go." Peter said. I tightened my grip on Theo's hand. I knew this moment would come but I still didn't want it to.

"We will?" Lucy asked from beside me.

Peter nodded. "After all," He walked towards Caspian and gave him his sword. "We're not really needed here anymore."

Caspian took the sword with a nod. "I will look after it while you are gone."

Theo's grip on my hand loosened before it held out of mine.

"That's just it." Susan began as she went to walk towards Caspian. "We're not coming back."

My eyes went wide. "What?"

Theo turned to me. "You four are. Just not us." He nodded towards Peter and Susan.

Lucy walked closer to Aslan. "But why? Have they done something wrong?" As she spoke Penny walked towards her and grabbed her hand.

"Quite the opposite dear one." Aslan began. "Your brothers and sister have learned what they can from Narnia. Now it's time for them to move on."

I felt a hand lace with mine and I didn't even have to look to know that it was Ed.

We all then began to say our goodbyes. I walked up to Aslan and ran my hand through his mane.

"I'll see you soon, dear one." He told me with a nod of this head.

I smiled at him before walking back to Ed. I looked over to see Susan and Caspian talking. I smiled at them.

Susan began to walk away before suddenly turning around and kissing Caspian. Edmund and I looked at each other with shocked looks.

Lucy leaned over to us. "I'm sure when I'm older I'll understand."

I laughed at her. "Oh trust me, you will." Edmund said as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I smiled at him before placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

Susan walked back to us and grabbed Lucy's hand. Caspian and I made eyes contact so I waved goodbye before following after Edmund who had begun to walk through the trees.

Once we walked through the tree we were suddenly back on the train station.

I looked down to see that I was no longer in my violet dress. Instead I was in my boring school uniform.

We all grabbed our stuff and walked into the train. I noticed Edmund looking through his bag while walking into the train.

"Do you think there is anyway we could get back?" He questioned as he looked up from his bag. We all gave him a confused look. "I left my new torch in Narnia." I laughed quietly, looking down at my feet.

Edmund laughed before wrapping an arm around my waist pulling me into his chest while pressing a light kiss on my temple.

I wrapped my arms around his torso as the train began to move.