thirty three

When the sun began to rise again we were chained up and made to sit against a very hard wall. My back ached as we had been sitting here for hours.

"Mommy!" I heard a little girl yell as she chased after a carriage full of people. My heart broke as I watched the small girl being torn away from her mother.

"That's horrible." Lucy whispered from beside me.

Penny quickly brought her cuffed hands to mine, grasping them tightly.

"Hey," I said turning towards her. "We're gonna be okay."

Penny's bottom lip tremble slightly. "How do you know?"

I smirked at her before raising my hands to show her the small wisps floating over my fingertips.

Her eyes widened. "But I thought they only came out when one of you was near death?" I heard Lucy say from beside me.

I turned to look at her. "I thought so too, but when we first arrived here they came out, on both Edmund and I."

Lucy smiled at me. "Your guy's bond sure is strange isn't it."

I laughed quietly. "Yes. It's strange but beautiful."

Lucy smiled even more. "You really do love him don't you?"

I looked down at my hands, watching the wisps travel all around my fingers. "More than I ever thought possible." I said with a smile.

"Edmund really does care about you." She smiled at me. "When we were in Cambridge you were all he ever talked about. Honestly it was starting to get annoying." She laughed slightly. "He would die for you."

I began to blush slightly while fiddling with my hands. "I know, because I'd do the same thing for him."

Suddenly a bunch of men walked over to us and roughly pulled us to our feet. I glared at the men as they walked us over to a different area.

"Lets see." The man began as he looked at us all. "Alright you first." He roughly grabbed Penny and walked her over to the small group of men. I glared at them all again.

All the men began to bid on her while saying inappropriate thing to her which only made my blood boil.

Next the man grabbed Lucy and everyone bid on her again before she eventually got sold as well.

Next was Eustace who took a bit more time to be sold but eventually was for a very small price.

The man walked up to me and rubbed my cheek with his dirty thumb. "Now it's your turn, beautiful." I resisted the urge to spit in his face before he pulled up closer to the group of men.

"400!" Someone immediately yelled once the bidding began.

"She could have multiple uses." Someone said making my blood boil more and more. "600!"

The numbers continued to get higher. Completely ignoring the shouting men in front of me, I looked to the side to see Caspian and Edmund begin led out to the area we were in.

The moment Edmund laid eyes on me his face relaxed a bit. That is until he heard what the men were saying about me as they bid.

He clenched this jaw while looking down at him hands as they slowly grew brighter and brighter before looking back up at me.

I too looked down to see mine doing the same thing. I met his eyes again and nodded before turning back to the men.

"We'll take them all off your hands!" I heard someone yell before a few of the men in the crowd took off their capes to reveal that they were some of the crew members. "For Narnia!" They yelled.