thirteen

It's been two years since we were last in Narnia. Everyday felt like years as we were forced to go back to our old lives.

I sat on my bed looking at the ceiling when suddenly a rock hit my window. I glanced at the clock to see that it was 2am.

I knew exactly who it was. I quickly sat up and moved my curtains from my window to reveal Edmund only a few feet away from me. We've been neighbors since forever and his window has always looked directly into mine.

His eyes were red and puffy so I instantly slipped on my bunny slippers and climbed out my window and onto the tree between our two houses.

Once I was close enough Edmund opened his window and I quickly climbed in. The moment I was safely in Edmund's bedroom I wrapped my arms around his neck causing him to bend down slightly to my height as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist.

Even when we came back from Narnia Edmund and I still suffered from horrible nightmares, so whenever they happened the other would throw rocks at their window and they would climb over and spend the night with them.

Edmund's body shook violently as I held him. He let out a few loud sobs that caused my heart to break.

"Shh. Eddie. It's okay." I cooed as I brought my hand up to his hair.

"I-I felt you die. I-I felt apart of me slip away." He cried as he held me impossibly tighter.

"It's okay Edmund." I whispered. "I'm here. I'm safe."

He pulled back from the hug and I brought my hands up to his cheeks in order to wipe away his tears.

When I went to pull my hand away, he grabbed it and kept in on his cheek before moving it to his lip. He gently kissed my palm before moving my hand down, still holding it tightly.

He looked down and smiled. "Nice bunny slippers." He laughed quietly.

I scoffed and playfully pushed his shoulder. "Shut up." I laughed.

I then grabbed his hand and led him to his bed. He laid down while I took off my slippers. Once he laid down he opened his arms so I would cuddle with him.

I laughed quietly before falling into his arms. We laid in silence for a little bit. Edmund gently stroked my hair while I traced small patterns on his bare chest.

"Do you think we'll ever go back?" Edmund asked breaking the silence between us.

"I-I don't know. I hope so." I whispered.

Edmund sighed deeply as he shifted under me and then tighten his arms around me. "Yeah me too."

I moved my head up to look at him. "I miss Mr. and Mrs. Beaver." I laughed causing Edmund to smile and then move his right hand to my cheek, stroking it lightly.

"You look so beautiful when you smile." He chuckled.

I felt a blush creep up onto my cheeks and I could only hope that he couldn't see it due to how dark it was in his room.

I smiled. "You don't look to bad yourself." I said. "King Edmund." He chuckled underneath me causing me to laugh quietly before moving my head back to his chest.

"Get some sleep, Nellie." He whispered before kissing the top of my head.

"You too, Eddie." I yawned and then gently kissed his chest.

That night both of us fell asleep with bright smiles spread across our faces.

...

"Awe!" I heard someone whispered as I slowly began to wake up. "They are so cute, Maria." I recognized the voice.

"Why can't they just get together already." Another voice said. I was able to tell that it was my mother.

"Come on," Mrs. Pevensie said. "Let's let them sleep." The next thing I heard was the bedroom door shutting softly.

I felt strong arms tighten around my waist while Edmund rested his head into the crook of my neck.

I could help but smile as he began to rub small circles on my hips.

"Eddie?" I said after a few more moments of silences.

Edmund groaned as a response.

I laughed. "Eddie come on! Get up you lazy bum, we have school."

I tried to pry Edmund's arms off of my waist but he only tighten his grip.

"No! Stay." He said pulling my back closer to his chest.

I scoffed playfully. "Edmund Pevensie let me go!" I giggled after a failed attempt at trying to be stern with him. "You can be late if you want but I will not let you make me late!"

Edmund groaned into my neck. "Ugh, fine." He released my waist and then we both sat up.

We walked to his dresser and pulled out our uniforms.

Ever since we got back from the Professor's house we decided we would keep a pair of each other's uniforms in our rooms since we always end up sleeping in the same bed every night.

I walked over to the small bathroom connected to his room and got changed into the small gray skirt, white blouse, and red cardigan.

Yawning, I walked back into Edmund's room to find him struggling to do his tie.

He stood in front of the mirror messing with his tie before letting out a frustrated huff of annoyance and then dropping his arms to his side.

"Here," I said causing him to look at me suddenly through the mirror. "Let me help." I smiled and then walked up to him once he turned around.

I use to watch my father tie his ties for work everyday so I've always been able to tie one.

I was able to tie it in under a minute before letting it fall into place and then placing my hands on Edmund's chest.

I looked up at him to find him already staring at me.

His eyes were practically overflowing with admiration and love.

I felt my heart beat faster than before as he brought a hand up to cup my cheek. His gaze flicked down to my lips before going back up to my eyes.

"You truly are something else, Beesly." He called me by my last night causing me to smiled lightly.

His head slowly came closer to mine but before it could get close enough Lucy ran into the room.

"Guys!" She said. "Oop! Sorry was I interrupting something?" She questioned with a smirk upon her face.

I turned to Edmund and then quickly took a step away from him, removing my hands from his chest. "N-No, you weren't." I blushed.

Her smirk grew wider. "Okay."

Edmund scoffed. "What do you want, Lu?" He snapped, I could feel that he was clearly annoyed.

I hooked my pinky with his and gave him a slight smile and I felt him calm down.

"We need to leave or we're gonna miss our train." She smiled before leaving the room and heading downstairs.

Edmund groaned.

I smiled and tightly my grip on his pinky. "Come on. We got a train to catch."

...

not edited <3

i love this chapter so much and OML THEY ALMOST KISSED but sadly they didn't BUT don't worry it will happen...eventually