thirty eight

The next day we came across a decently sized island so Caspian suggested we go take a look.

I was currently sitting beside Penny and Lucy while Edmund, Caspian and a few other men helped row the boat to shore.

"I doubt the Lords stopped here, your majesty." Reepicheep said from another boat.

Caspian then replied to the small mouse but I was too busy observing the island to hear it.

"Hang on, you mean the four of us?" Eustace said from the back of the boat. Everyone turned to him and gave him a look. "Come on please don't send me back to the rat."

"I heard that." Reep said from his boat.

I smiled. "Big ears." Eustace whispered.

"I heard that too!" Reep said again. I let out a quiet laugh before making eye contact while Edmund who gave me an amused look.

When we finally got to shore we began to unpack the boats before going to explore the island. I felt nervous so I looked down at my hands to see the wisps there.

"Eddie?" I said causing him to come walk beside me. "They're out again." He looked down at his hands as well.

"Why are they out?" Ed said to no one really.

"I have a bad feeling." I met Edmund eyes and he gave me a small smile before hooking our pinky's.

"We'll be fine." He told me before kissing my cheek.

"Hey lovebirds!" Caspian yelled with an amused tone. "Look. We're not the first ones here." He pointed down to a small hole with a rope in it.

"Do you think it was the Lords?" Penny asked as she held Lucy's hand.

Caspian kept his gaze on the rope. "Could be."

We all then, carefully, climbed down into the hole.

"What is this place?" I asked as I looked around. In the small cave was a pool of water with a strange gold statue in it.

"I have no idea." Caspian said as he looked around.

Edmund walked over to one of the cave wall and pulled off a dead tree branch. He then walked over to the small pool and dipped the branch into it.

We all watched in awe as it began to turn to gold. However when the golden got near Edmund's hand, he dropped the branch into the water.

We all looked at each other before walking over to the now golden man.

"He must've fallen in." Caspian said. "He must've not known what hit him."

"Poor man." Penny whispered as she and Lucy walked closer.

"I think you mean poor Lord." I pointed towards his shield and the sword.

"We need that sword." Caspian said before he and Edmund carefully got the sword out of the water.

"Why hasn't it turned to gold?" Lucy asked.

"I would assume the swords are magical so they cannot turn to gold." Caspian said as he held the sword in his hands.

"Maybe he was onto something." Edmund whispered before grabbing a small shell and placing it in the water. It quickly turned to gold.

Edmund grabbed the shell. "Whoever has access to this pool, could be the most powerful person in the world. Lucy, we'd be so rich, no one could tell us who to live with."

"You can't take anything out of Narnia, Ed." Caspian said.

"Says who?" Edmund said with an annoyed tone.