forty five

When we told our families about our engagement our mothers about screamed their heads off. They both cried and insisted on helping plan the wedding immediately. Ours siblings also freaking out but they honestly weren't that surprised. I think we all knew that Edmund and I would get married, it was just a matter of time.

After about a month of our engagement I found out that I had gotten the job at the library. Edmund was completely ecstatic for me, he made a huge dinner that night and we celebrated.

Today is my first day and I'm terribly nervous.

"Edmund, what if the kids don't like me?" I said as I stared at the door to the library from our car.

Edmund grabbed my hand and pressed a soft kiss to my knuckles. "Hey, they're gonna love you."

I smiled at him before leaning over and kissing him softly. "I'll see you at 3." He smiled at me and I left the car.

"I love you!" He yelled from the car. I turned around and rolled my eyes playfully before walking into the library.

I walked to the back of the library to a small room to see about 7 kids sitting around at a few different tables while an older lady talked to them.

"You must be Eleanor!" The older lady said when she noticed me standing in the doorway. "Children, this is your teacher, Mrs. Beesly."

I smiled at her. "Actually, it'll soon be Mrs. Pevensie." She looked down at the ring on my finger and smiled widely.

"Oh congratulations!" She smiled. "Okay, let me introduce you to everyone." All the kids greeted me with smiles as we all got introduced. They all were only 4 or 5 years old "And this is Alice." She said as we came to the final little girl at the table.

I kneeled down so I was at the girls height. Her big blue eyes met mine as I stuck my hand out for her to shake.

"Hello, Alice. You have a very pretty name." I said softly with a smile. I could tell that she seemed pretty shy but I saw her lips twitched upwards softly before she brought her small hand to mine.

"Hi." She whispered before moving a piece of her chocolate brown hair behind her ear.

I smiled at her once more before standing up again.

I spent the rest of the day mainly getting to know the little kids. They all seemed very friendly towards me so all my nerves went away.

Eventually 3 o'clock came around so all the kids left the library to go find their parents outside.

"Mrs. Pevensie?" I heard Alice said from behind me. I turned around and smiled at the small girl.

"Hi, Alice." I said. Alice's lips twitched slightly before she looked down again.

"C-Could you walk me outside?" She questioned as she gently rubbed her arm. I smiled down at the little girl and placed my bag over my shoulder before reaching my hand out for her to grab.

"Come on." I smiled at her as she gently grabbed my hand.

I lead her out of the library and outside where I saw Edmund waiting in our car. I gave him a small smile and a wave before turning to Alice.

"Where are you parents?" I asked her. Alice looked around with a nervous look upon her face.

"Hey, Nellie." Edmund said as he walked up to us. "Who is this?" He looked down at Alice.

I smiled at him. "This is Alice. Alice, this is my fiance, Edmund." Edmund smiled at the small girl.

"Hi." She gave him a wave before sticking her hand out for him to shake. Edmund smiled more before grabbing her small hand and shaking it softly.

"Alice!" I heard someone yell as a car pulled up to the side of the road. I felt Alice's grip on my hand tighten greatly. "Get in!" The man yelled as Alice was practically trembling.

"Hey." I said as I got down to her height again. "Are you okay?" She looked at me with wide eyes as she trembled slightly before nodding quickly and running off to her car.

I watched as the car then took off down the road.

"Did you see how much she trembled when that man came here?" I asked Edmund as I watched the car speed down the road.

"Yeah, I did." Edmund said as he stood beside me. "Hey, it's okay." Edmund slipped his hand into mine.

I met Edmund's gaze and smiled. "Let's go home." Edmund squeezed my hand gently and we headed to the car before heading home.

...

not edited <3

i know this chapter is short and may seem random but it will come into play later. 

the next chapter will be their wedding :)