forty six

Today was the day. Today I finally became a Pevensie.

I currently standing in the dressing room after putting on my dress. I smiled as I ran my hands over the beautiful material. My dress wasn't completely white, it was more of a soft gray. The dress has sheer long sleeves with small bits of lace near my shoulders.

I smiled more as I took a deep breath.

"Alright, I'm coming out!" I yelled out to mom, Helen, Penny, Lucy, and Susan who had all been waiting for me in the other room.

I took another deep breath and walked out to them.

"Oh my god!" I heard mom say as she walked up to me with tears in her eyes.

"You look amazing!" Penny said as everyone else began to tell me how beautiful I looked.

Mom brought her hand up to my hair as she gently twirled one of the curls around her finger. "Your father would've loved to see you like this." She whispered as tears began to slowly fill her eyes.

I gave her a small smile.

"He always talked about how he was afraid for this day to come. The day his little girl would be growing up." She whispered softly with a small smile. I felt my eyes burn as she talked. "But he would be so proud to see you like this."

I felt a tear escape my eye so I quickly wiped it away and smiled. "Thank you, mom." I gave her a quick hug.

Helen turned to me. "I'm so happy that I finally get to call you my daughter." She smiled. "I've been waiting for this day since the moment you and Edmund met as babies. I always knew that you two would get married." She gently kissed my cheek before giving me one last smile.

"Alright everyone come on, let's leave the bride alone." Helen laughed and pushed everyone out of the room.

I smiled softly at the door as it closed behind them. I then sat down at the vanity near the window of the room.

"You go this, Nellie." I whispered to myself. "This is the moment you've always wanted to happen. You got this."

I took a deep breath and twisted the ring around my finger before I heard the door open.

"Hey, Nell." Theo said as he walked over to me. "You look amazing."

I smiled at him and stood up. "Thank you, Theo."

He smiled at me and held out his arm for me. "It's time, are you ready?"

I smiled even more and grabbed my flowers before linking my arm with his. "Hell yeah." Theo let out a small laugh before we walked out of the room.

Edmund and I both knew that we wanted to have an outdoor wedding. The area had a beautiful lake beside it as well as gorgeous red roses that were scattered all throughout the area.

I tightened my grip on Theo's arm. "You got this, Nell." He whispered and I smiled at him. We then came into view of everyone waiting for us.

Everyone stood up once they saw me. My eyes barely took in everyone's faces before they landed on Edmund.

He stood in his clean black tux with a wide smile present on his face. I smiled as I saw him standing under the beautiful apple tree that looked almost identical to the one from our garden.

The only thing I could think of was Edmund, it was like no one else was here except for Eddie and I. I hardly felt like I was walking, it was almost as if I was floating.

Eventually, Theo and I reached Edmund. I turned towards Theo and gave him a hug before grabbing Edmund's hand.

"You look beautiful, Beesly." He smiled at me.