twenty eight

Edmund gently stroked my hair as we watched the rain drip down his bedroom window. We had plans of going out but we decided to stay since it began to rain heavily.

I had my arms wrapped around Edmund while I laid on top of him, my head resting on his chest.

"I don't wanna leave." Ed sighed, my head moved up and down with his breathing.

We had just found out that Ed's family would be going to America while Lucy and Ed go to Cambridge to stay with their Aunt and Uncle.

"I don't want you to leave either." I spoke into his warm chest.

A sudden wave of cold air fell over me causing me to shiver. Edmund must've noticed this since he grabbed a nearby blanket and put it over us and then tightened his grip on me.

"Is that better?" He asked.

I moved my head up so I could look at him. "Yeah, thank you." I smiled before leaning up and placing my lips on his.

When he pulled away he gently rubbed my cheeks with his thumb.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." He sighed.

I gave him a sad smile. "Yeah me too." I moved my head back to his chest and continued staring at the rain covered window. "Do you know how long you'll be gone?"

"Nope." He shifted underneath me and pulled me closer to his chest. "I don't get why we can't just stay with your family."

"I know, mom even said it was okay, but maybe it'll be good. You're getting to see your other family after all." I told the brunette haired boy. "I wonder what if Eustace is still a sweetheart like before."

Ed laughed. "Are you joking? Eustace was a nightmare!"

I looked at Ed once again. "No he wasn't." I laughed.

"The last time you saw Eustace was when we were 7 so you probably don't remember." Ed said in an amused tone.

"You just don't like him cause he knocked over your mud tower." I laughed at the memory. When we were 7, Eustace and his parents were staying with Ed and his family, and one day when Ed decided to play in the mud and make a mud tower. He spent hours on the thing and when he finally finished it little Eustace came over and destroyed it and Ed was not happy about it.

"Hey! That mud tower was a work of art!" Ed said trying to stifle a laugh.

I sat up a bit, resting my head on my hand. "Ed it was a tower made of mud. It was not that great." I laughed loudly at the now pouting boy under me.

"You think it's funny?" Edmund questioned with a pout present on his face.

I nodded quickly. "Yes, Eddie, I find it very funny." I continued to laugh.

Ed's pout quickly turned into a sly smirk. "Oh that's it, Beesly."

"What? What are you gonna do?" I smiled.

He smirked more. "Do you really wanna know?"

"Yes, I wanna know. What can you do?" I laughed a bit more.

Ed moved quickly, grabbing onto my waist and laying me on my back so he was now on top of me. He smirked more before he began to tickle me.

I cried out as he tickled me more and more. "S-Stop E-Eddie!" I laughed so hard tears began to form.

"Say you're sorry, Beesly!" Ed laughed as he tickled me more.

I looked him in the eye. "Never!" I yelled. He smiled more as he continued on with his tickling.