Chapter 4

***

"Shit!" I curse and look around. I don't know if this is the hangover effect or me is really sleeping at Paulo's bedroom.

I can't remember anything about last night. Literally nothing and Paulo must've know that i lied to him. I'm so grateful that today is Saturday and i didn't have to go to school.

Last night, i remember that i went to the college frat party with Léon and it was really fun. I never had that amazing moment since i moved here. I walk out from Paulo's room but i didn't found him anywhere, neither is his car.

"Angela, did you see Paulo?" I ask and walk approaching Paulo's maid at the kitchen. She's preparing my breakfast.

"He left this morning, i don't know where." She shrug.

Paulo doesn't used to go without my consent first, he always tell me where he's about to go. Not that i care of, but he's acting weird somehow.

I ask for an aspirin to the maid and she give me a bowl of salad and milk and a pill of aspirin, to reduce my headache.

Léon is asking me out to the party again, but i don't think i could go if Paulo isn't home. I don't know why, but this is the first time i feel guilty about lying to someone and i will go if Paulo's home. Léon is the only person that could makes me feel less suffered since i move here tho.

I'm not actually have an interest of dating him because he's not my type at all, i don't actually have a type because i never dated. It sounds lame, but i kinda not believe in commitments, they're made to be broke anyway.

I heard the sounds of Paulo's car just entering the house, he walk in and totally ignoring me as he go straight to the living room. I don't want to beg him to forgive me but i think i should, this time, i want to get his permission to going out with Léon without lying.

"I'm sorry that i lied to you." I murmur. "I know i shouldn't but you wouldn't allow me, if i tell you."

"Hm." He answer with a straight face.

"I want to go out with Léon today, i just wanna let you know."

"I told you to stay away from him."

"No, you haven't told me anything about that. Besides, he's my friend and you can't just ask me to stay away from him all of the sudden?"

"I bet, he's the one who offer you to go to that random party right?"

"He only offers me but he didn't force me to go with him. I'm the one who agree to come at the first place, you should be mad at me instead of him." I try to maintain my emotion.

"He fucking left you alone in that street!" He snap. Seriously, he creep me out a bit, as he walk closer to me and makes me take a few steps backward until i hit the walls.

"I'm the one who walk out from him!" I lied. "I'm going with Léon today and i don't care if you allow me to go or not, because that is none of your godamn bussiness! God, why should i ask for your permission in the first place?"

I left him alone in the living room, and took a quick hot shower to calm my brain that have been boiling because of him. He always act like a tight parents and i hate it, idon't like to being controlled over anything.

I glimpse at my phone and saw Léon's text, he said that he's already waiting for me at the front. I walk pass the living room without looking at Paulo and walk through his big yard and i see Leon is sitting on his car, looks really different.

I widen my eyes in shock. "Did you just remove all of your piercings and dyed you hair black?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, i thought it will be cooler."

I never realize that Léon is actually good looking, especially after he change his hairstyle. I couldn't help to stare at him along our drive, even though Paulo's face keep popping out in my head.

"Did you hear me?" Léon ask. He wave his hand in front of me, i shake my head signing that i don't.

"I said i met Lana earlier at the grocery store and she flirted with me."

"Really?" I laugh. "Oh my god, i think she didn't recognize you because you're really different, hell."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Maybe both."

"Okay, actually hm..." He look at me before he continue his words. "You kinda told me yesterday that i look cute, if i didn't have all those piercings and my hair looks sexy pushed back."

"Really?" I'm in a full of an embarassment right now. Everyone told me that i look like a toodler when i get drunk and i must've told him while sticking my tongue out and giggling around.

"Yeah and maybe you're right hahaha" He laugh.

"So, you're a hottie now. You could get any girl that you want" I tease him. "By the way Paulo is being an ass and i lost my party mood today."

"Or maybe not." He mumble. "So, where do you want us to go?"

"I don't know, surprise me?"

He nod his head and take me to one strange area. Actually, this is not strange at all but he bring me deep inside the forest, i thought that he will brought me to a cinema or some place that i've never been into in Turin.

I open the passenger's door and i feel the cold breeze tickling through my skin. "What is this place?"

"My dad and I always hunt in the forest once in a month. I thought you'll like it if i teach you how to use a gun."

"Isn't that illegal?"

"I already got the licensed and you don't have to worry about it." He take my hand by surprise and bring me to a hut in the middle of this forest.

He show me his air rifle and i never saw a real gun before. He sign me to wear the vest, to prevent if there's something. I following him to look for a deer and when he saw one, we're both hiding behind the bushes. He took a deep breath before he release the shot and i could tell he's pretty good with it.

"Surprise huh?" He smirk. "Let me teach you."

He hand me his air rifle and positioned it on my shoulder. I do everything as he said and i wonder if Paulo knew about this, it will cost us another fight together.

I saw an antelope just passing by and i try to release my first shot. I miss them tho, but this is actually fun. Léon is walking towards the deer that he shot and tagging it with something.

"We should tagged them and bring it to the hut, after that we'll do the field dressing there."

"What does that mean?"

"We'll gutted it down."

"Ew!"

"Well, kidding. I would only do that with my father, but we'll just have to bring it to the forest center."

We drive back outside the forest and give the deer to the forest center. He take me back to Paulo's house and i could see Paulo is peeking at us from the front door.

"Thank you for today, you should surprise me more often." I smile.

"See you on Monday." He play with my hair and left.

I walk to the front door and Paulo is standing there with his arms cross.

"Is that blood?" He point my jacket and i forgot to clean myself before i get back here. I know Paulo must've been fussy about this.

"No, it's a ketchup drop."

"What are you doing with him?"

"It doesn't matter okay? Leave me alone!" I snap. I wanted to go to my room but instead, he hold my hand and prevent me to leave.

"Let go off me! I'm fucking seriou—"

He crash his lips into mine and i widen my eyes in shock. I immediately pull away and he left to his bedroom, leave me standing here like a fool. I can't believe he just did that.

---

i'm one day late to update whoop! hahaha hope you have a good day and argentina is passing the group elimination and make it to the quarter final! i'm a happy girl rn. love you alllll. s.