Chapter 14

***

Today i've decided to wake up early and leave without seeing Paulo in the morning. What he did last night was completely out of the line and i don't want to see him until god-knows-when.

When i arrived at school, i see dozens of posters about Homecoming Night are sticking to every inches of school halls. Everybody were already talking about that night since a week ago, but i'm not interested to join something like this.

I see Léon is coming from across the hallway and i'm not in a mood for seeing him today. Not after he exchange our friendship with some stupid jersey.

"Whoa whoa, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

He shake his head. "No! You don't want me to pick you up this morning and you suddenly avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you, especially not after you get that stupid jersey from him." I roll my eyes in a sarcass way.

"Wait, he has the point okay. Me bringing you to every party here is maybe not the best idea, not after you've been found drunk alone at night and almost smoke a cocaine." He whisper on the last words.

"So you're on his team now?"

"No, it's not like that." He's trying to find words that he was gonna use to convince me. "I'm sorry okay."

I know i can't be mad at him for a long time. He's my only friend here and i'm gonna have to spend my money for taking the bus every morning, if we're still fighting.

"Okay i forgive you, but telling him about my failing classes, skipping class periods, and the cocaine? Not cool dude."

"What? I'm not telling him about any of that. I don't even know that you're failing classes."

I raise my eyebrows in confusion. "Then who told him that?"

"I don't know, maybe people who doesn't like you."

I see Eva-Maria is standing few feets away from me. She's the only one who have a problem with me and she knows that i failed my AP Chemistry. She must be the one who told him.

"Hey, i was wondering if you want to—"

"Hold on."

I walk to her direction and lands the palm of my hand really hard on her face. Everyone is staring at us and she's standing shook in her place, while holding her face.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You're telling my brother in law that i failed and skipping classes? You don't even have the right to do that!" I snap.

"You forgot to mention one thing." She smirk and i stand still with no words. She walk closer to me and raise one of her eyebrow.

"Why? Scream it so everyone could hear."

"Fuck you Santos."

I walk away from the crowd of people and go to my English class. I really thought that Lana was the horrible one, but it turns out her sister is the one who's a literal bitch. I felt like there's someone tugging my shirt from the back and i roll my eyes before i could tell Léon to stop, i'm not in a mood today.

"Léon stop!" I turn to my back and it turns out that it was Romeo, the Captain of The Football Team.

"Hey!" He smile.

"You aren't supposed to be in this class right?"

"I know, i was just asking if you already have anyone to be your date at Homecoming?"

"I'm not going."

Romeo is Lana's ex boyfriend and she dumped him for the unknown reason. He is really attractive for the average highschool boys and also he have a great muscular body that made all the girls are wanting to be his girlfriend.